Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Terrible battery

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 02:56 PM)
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options
Hello,

I have issues with my battery too (exynos version). I don't think that 5000mAh are enough only for 3-4 hours SoT in the best scenario. Yes, I charged my phone on 2 days but I can acheve only around 3h SoT.  I'm not person who are playing games or watching videos. The device is using only for standard things: social browsing, checking mails, calls and smart watch connection. GPS connection is disabled by default.  In battery section my top usage app is : "Google Play services". For example : Today I already lost 25% with 40 min SOT which is not good, if I'm right? Already tried everything as put apps in deep sleep and  etc. Already tried to stop a lot of things from settings but by I don't think that is normal for device in this price range (a.k.a. flagship). The only thing that I didn't try is factory reset but I'm not sure that this will help me.  I don't know how the other users are have 7-8-9 SoT.  

Any advice?

Thank you!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
oh yeah I know,but I think if you can get this much sot and easily 1 1/2 days battery for phones nowadays,that's pretty cool.
I remember back in the day where you would charge your phone 2-3 times a day 🤯
0 Likes
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

The device is a lot Wifi off - only put it on Wifi at the night for 2-3 hours. On other part of the day it's on mobile data. Sync options are with WiFi only  permissions. Yesterday I factory reset the device. For now battery looks in same position as before, but the apps looks a little bit different from before. When I bought the device I transferred everything (included apps) from my old device - Galaxy S6. Now I decided to get only contacts, phone calls history and clocks. 

mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

Is everyone here get these big SoT on Wifi usage all the time?

0 Likes
seikou
First Poster
Options

I talked to a rep who said that it would be fixed when the next update comes out. the feb update is the culprit

0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I have S10+ and sane about the Google play services. battery dies drain
0 Likes
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

I'm not sure that this update will help us.

0 Likes
DJames1
Apprentice
Options

February update ruined my s21 Ultra battery life. Used to get over an hour of web browsing on wifi for 10% of battery. Now, I get maybe 40mins for 10% of battery. Snapdragon version.

0 Likes