Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6 - DO NOT UPDATE

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 09:15 PM)
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

1000% DO NOT UPDATE

My phone has nosed dived in terms of quality, its horrendous.

I'm on the s21 ultra 5g and overnight since updating it the phone is trash. 

My watch 4 same, battery life is even worse than it was with literally next to nothing on it bar heart/step monitor

Most notable and worst so far are

• Screen is constantly no working when I tap it or brings up random things
  • Videos, when zooming its like a massive jump shift in quality/lighting etc, no longer smooth
  • Camera is patchy in photos.. you have to stand and not move and have a ton of light otherwise a clunky mess
  • Image quality
  • Horrible lag

Its clear they shoved in something to wreck older phones and try push people into getting new gen phones.

I paid 1200 euros for this and all I ended up getting was a phone with bloatware you cannot remove, a bad battery life as really to get longevity you can't use the best screen/processor settings etc without it dying extremely fast and a company that really couldn't care less how much you spent on them. 

If I find a way to 'jailbreak' the phone and go back to the previous software I absolutely will and then when I do upgrade it won't be with samsung.. absolutely done with em after this latest kicker

11 REPLIES 11
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Haven't had any of your issues per se but I have notice the sound crackles now if volume is over 80% .

I do factory reset my phone after major update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Never had any problems
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
I have the s21 and had the update for some time now and it's absolutely fine, maybe try a factory reset
Drmacca
Journeyman
Options

My main issues with the update to my fold 4 to UI6 is my battery life is atrocious. Last charge, I got 27m active screen use and 4 hours standby ie 4.5 hrs in total. It goes flat overnight from 100% charge on standby. It is also taking 3 hours to charge the battery on superfast charge and it gets hot. Had absolutely no problems before the update. I like Samsung phones, but this is pretty bad. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I'm giving it a week and then putting in for warranty. Got to have my phone functional. 

Gitt
Explorer
Options

I see the same. Updated 24.feb one-version6 and ever since my battery drains with 5-10% per hour . Also when not used. And I have turned off all possible background app, Bluetooth, etc

Battery drains so fast that I cant use phone.

Gitt
Explorer
Options

Same for me. But i upgraded later than you, so I am interested in hearing it things changed for you?

Remember to create a task at samsung support.

0 Likes
Drmacca
Journeyman
Options

Still takes 3 hours to charge fully on 'fast charge' using multiple bricks and cables. With screen on its still draining at 25%/hr and 7%/hr with screen off.

I feel like Samsung is gaslighting us by not being upfront about the issues they are having with the battery since ui6. It's really p*$$ING me off.

KholaI
Options

Hey all.

If you're based in the UK, and are experiencing major battery drain after the latest software update, and there isn't an app draining it (you can check this by heading into Settings > Battery and device care > Tap on Battery), please send in an error report so our engineers can look into this further. Head into the Samsung Members app > Get help > Error report. Please be sure to include the error log when sending in an error report.

0 Likes
Gitt
Explorer
Options

I experience exactly the same. S21.

Battery is useless, i had no problem at all before the one-ui-6 update.

Factory reset not really a possibility as my phone has split usage privat vs company and I dont control the company-settings/security. Everything is possible but it will take hours. The phone is 1 year and 5 month old.

0 Likes