Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:02 PM)
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone,

Is anyone with the s21 ultra experiencing the phone randomly restarting?

Mine keeps doing it throughout the day and I'm not too sure what it causing the issue. The phone does get a little warm and my battery seems to drain really quickly despite minimal use i. e. Browsing ect, no camera use or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
127 REPLIES 127
R-dubs
Apprentice
Options

I learned that I could send reports on the crashes and I did that every time it crashed for about a week. I got sent a new update to my phone and it fixed the issue.

0 Likes
pamelaannj
Journeyman
Options

I sent mine in and had the mother board replaced. So far, so good. How do you send reports on the crashes?  That info would be good to know, just in case this happens again.  Thanks

0 Likes
purplesquirrel
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys I just wanted to mention that something similar happened to my S21. And in my case, it was related to the way I charged my phone. So, I had this very long zoom meeting and my phone was dying so I plugged my phone to a USB port extender plugged to my laptop. My phone was charging super slow probably for an hour or two. After that the random shutting down started nonstop. I restarted, clean the phone app cache, nothing worked.  I found the solution: Just properly charge your phone! So I just turned my phone off and plugged to my Anker fast charger  and let it plugged until it hit the 85% (I have that option on to extend the battery life) And this fixed the problem . Hope it helps! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M9M2V7X/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS...

0 Likes
Josh_3003
First Poster
Options

Still having this issue. S21+ G996BXXS3BULC security patch level: 1 December 2021. 

Can a newer version get pushed out to fix this issue? Happening for days on end..

0 Likes
Members_mQFY9Yb
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,

I had similar problem with my brand new S21. It restarted once or twice a day and it took a lot of effort to solve this problem. I would like to tell you my procedure at samsung service. First service was total failure, service accepted the phone, but due to GDPR they had to do factory reset. Without my data the didn't find enything and sent me phone back. Second attempted was with full description of my phone problem and list of all apps and settings I made plus all screenshots of all error messages from the members app. Again, they found nothing. The last attempt was with the debug crash report (to enable dial *#9900# and set debug level high, after restart the report is shown on your screen, take photo of all pages using another phone). i insisted on immediate diagnostics, where they found crash report corresponding with the photos I provided. I also logged off from all accounts and deleted all explicit files from the phone, then i turned off phone lock, so they can osberve my phone with my data. And this led to motherboard echange and solving of my phone problem.

RyanC3378
First Poster
Options

Go to battery settings, go to diagnostics and go to restart history.  Do you have a big list that says "Restart after battery discharge"?  If you do then that is what is causing the problem.

0 Likes
Emm86
First Poster
Options

Hi my samsung started doing that when I changed operator to a company called 3 in sweden. It kept restarting all thru the day. I did everything factory reset and looked on all these sites nothing worked. Then I saw one guys post said when you have an unstable network the phone can do this. So I started paying attension to that and I notist in big cities my phone Did  not turn off... when we were in a small town it turned off all the time. So I decided to swap operating companies and my phone stopped turning off. Have not had a problem sins.

Good luck

0 Likes
MrPBA
First Poster
Options

My S21 random re-starts after previous update. No real obvious app crash issue just goes off and reboots if im pushing the processing capabiltys. Likely a firmware issue.

Samsung needs to step it up and sort it out.

Reminds me of stressing windows 98 till it crashed.

0 Likes