Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:02 PM)
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone,

Is anyone with the s21 ultra experiencing the phone randomly restarting?

Mine keeps doing it throughout the day and I'm not too sure what it causing the issue. The phone does get a little warm and my battery seems to drain really quickly despite minimal use i. e. Browsing ect, no camera use or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
127 REPLIES 127
Geekshot
First Poster
Options

Same issue random apps sometime just adjusting settings on phone and it crashes UI. I have factory reset and not restored old apps and it still crashes. 

0 Likes
LexiB
Explorer
Options

So, after getting my phone back from service where it took a week to do nothing but a factory reset the update I was trying to avoid installed itself over night, and the day hasn't ended yet and the random restart already happened twice. Get this fixed ***** this phone cost almost as much as my laptop, and I need ro rely on it functioning for work and pretty much everything. This is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Gr8shott
Explorer
Options

I received my second used S21 Ultra. It's been 5 days now and so far no reboots! It must just be that some of them are defective. My first one was horrible! (Rebooting constantly, deleting apps, changing the keyboard, crashing the camera app..) And Samsung never could fix it. So far so good with the second one. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
LexiB
Explorer
Options

Yeah, if they would just replace it I'd be happy, but obviously that is something that they refuse to do in my country 😠

Gr8shott
Explorer
Options

They refused to replace mine in the USA. All they did was update the software, and of course it still had the problems it always had. What a joke Samsung is. Used to be a decent company, but I've had many issues with them now. That's why I buy used because I don't want to give them any more of my money.

PDeezy
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, constant restarts, random shutdowns, the top half of the device gets a little warm.  Sometimes it restarts while already mid-restart (flashes the Samsung logo, then crashes and starts again).  Really, really disappointing for such a "premium" phone.  Customer Support did check the logs and it seems to indicate an issue with AP or DRAM, I'm keen to send it in but will be livid if they just factory reset as I've done that many times.  Sounds like a motherboard replacement is the only way to fix.

0 Likes
S21 Ultra UI4
Journeyman
Options

When you send it in they upload and new software update that is slightly different from the OTA android 12 update sent to device from carrier. Mine has been flawless since I got it back from Samsung. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Gr8shott
Explorer
Options

So anyway, I have now had my second s21 ultra for a few weeks and it has performed flawlessly. No more rebooting, no deleting apps, no changing the keyboards on me, no camera crashing or anything at all. I absolutely love it! I saw on swappa that the one I had returned was put for sale again and apparently it sold again, and then I just saw it for sale again by the same seller but this time at a hugely discounted price. So it apparently it was never ever fixed and they just want to get rid of the ***** thing. I don't know what's wrong with Samsung. They used to be a good company.

0 Likes
Gr8shott
Explorer
Options

Oh, another thing my original sew ultra would do was to delay my text messages for up to 2 hours.  Also, it would reboot in the middle of the night and before I logged in I could not receive phone calls or text messages. This would happen when I was on a call for work! Absolutely unacceptable!

0 Likes
Gr8shott
Explorer
Options

*S21, not sew. Dang autocorrect.

0 Likes