Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra no camera resolution choice??

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 09:56 PM)
LMK
Pioneer
Options
Hi, does anyone know how you can chose the resolution of the camera? There only seems to be a choice of ratio, which provides the 108mp option. Really confusing.
I notice the video camera abbreviates resolution and fps. 
31 REPLIES 31
rtoledo2002
Journeyman
Options

jethrobo  you and Iare saying the same thing , look at my first post . I want Samsung to give a option in the settings for the camera like LG and ALL other phone companies do.  the reason I posted about that app is because some one before that post , they posted how there is a option, but it takes too many clicks PER PHOTO.    Apple I phones have that option PLUS , when you go to email or text a IMAGE . it has a POP UP  window that shows you  4 different sizes IF the photo settings were too high .  so with Apple you BOTH options.   I will keep saying  NO MORE Samsung phones or the POS  65" TV from them, that only sees Samsung dvd players but NOT  the new TIVO EDGE , I have had so many headaches over this TV   I HATE IT,  my Vizio TV had no issues with ANY  HDMI device and it automatically showed it as a input device .  I keep looking to see  IF they have a new firmware ,  but nothing.  I told all my family to stay clear from Samsung

0 Likes
flemgooz
Student
Options

No its not, that's the ratio, not the resolution. The camera is stuck with a humungous resolution.
very silly feature.

flemgooz
Student
Options

I cant find it either. Completely useless. I cant understand why there are all these whoopee-wizz-bang features and they have taken away the most important feature and that is the memory size of the photo. Its humungous.
If you want to place a photo ad online, you have to load it into photoshop and reduce the image size. resave in jpg, then adjust the compression. 
How antiquated., cumbersome and dumb. Next thing they will be bringing back dial-up internet?

0 Likes
Ryme
First Poster
Options

I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for the resolution option. This needs to be addressed ASAP. It's completely ridiculous that a flagship phone wouldn't have this basic option.  

rtoledo2002
Journeyman
Options

it's a well known phenomenon . like I have said a few times here . NO more Samsung devices for me.   they are so busy emulating apple and Google , they have no time for the customer.     now they spend all their time making work alike apps and a app store A LA Google and Apple.    meanwhile you have a camera that with 4 photographs it , cause Yahoo to not send the email for being too big.   If only I liked Apples a bit more I would trade this piece of ***** phone for a Iphone.

0 Likes
Mikeyjames
First Poster
Options

Can't believe how dumb Samsung is to remove this settings option. 

0 Likes
Prince1107
First Poster
Options

I found a way to change this. On the camera app, go to the more section and pro video, the pro video section has settings for changing the camera resolution.

0 Likes
rtoledo2002
Journeyman
Options

I do not  see a " more " section in the camera app , and searched for pro video and that does not come up .  so maybe you can post a screen shot ?   thanks

brickman
First Poster
Options

I too was distressed to find this option was not on my  new S21 FE. I have spent way too much time looking for a solution.  So far, only option I see is to use a 3rd party camera app.  i have found several with the option but none of them looked stable.  Still have two apps left to check out, fingers crossed.

0 Likes
Quinodos
Student
Options

I ran across this thread while trying to figure out how to adjust the size of my videos to be smaller so I can email a short clip without it being too big. At least as of right now, it is possible to adjust the quality size of videos in the Samsung camera app.

To answer your question, the more button is a button on the bottom row of the camera app. I circled it in the attached image. If you have too many functions enabled then you may not be able to see more until you swipe to the right. Unless you know it's there this is very hard to know that it is there.

However you don't really need to access the more button in order to change the resolution.

All you need to do to do that would be to first open the camera app tapping on video (or pro video if you have that enabled) and then at the top of your screen there are a row of icons that let you change things about the video you are going to capture. One of them should say FHD by default. If you tap it you can change it to the HD, FHD, UHD, or 8K. It also allows you to change the fps to 24, 30 or 60 depending on which resolution you are capturing with.

You are able to change the resolution of photos the same way. However it seems like you can only toggle between 108 megapixel and 12 megapixel so if you needed to get smaller pictures for posting online it seems like you would need to edit the photo and change the jpeg compression level.

I hope this helps somebody :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20240217_222259_Camera~2.jpgScreenshot_20240217_222345_Camera~2.jpgScreenshot_20240217_222531_Camera.jpg

0 Likes