Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Network issues

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 06:45 AM)
OnTheVerge
Explorer
Options

My phone has been struggling to maintain a connection to network since late last year. Signal drops in and out randomly at home while other devices are fine.

I have tried my sim card in other phones,

Factory reset, reset network settings, tried to use e-sim, and all other common solutions. 

Nothing works. When signal is lost, sometimes turning flight mode on and off will bring signal back for a while.

This happens everywhere from home to town, and I live in a city with 5g available. 

Something needs to be done about this. Very disappointed as I have owned multiple galaxy S line phones since the s2. 

I would be very wary purchasing anything from Samsung in the future considering they have yet to acknowledge this issue despite the many threads describing the same issue.

33 REPLIES 33
Jimgreezy
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, S21 ultra 5G, tried everything factory reset, network reset everything that is suggested in the many posts regarding this widespread issue. 

S21Logielove11
Journeyman
Options

I must agree my friend, my  S21 has been absolutely frustrating. Got knows how many hours I've spent on to my network provider but its this handset.  

Ohh, and excitingly promoted camera on the s21 is pants, every picture I talk the quality makes me feel like I have cataract it's so blurred...

And I bought a NEW FLIPPING plug going from s9 to s21 , I will pull my pants up soon that's samsung 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm in the UK got the same issues with s21 ultra been away for repair with   ee been nothing but hassle since android 12 when making calls keeps changing from 1 to 2 bars always had Samsung but this has them stumped

They are no help what so every they should recall affected devices and replace them free of charge even my s9+ and my S10+ was better than this 

Shocking

0 Likes
Tomeriker
First Poster
Options

I am having the issue. I have bars but lose connection, lose bars slow connection. Read all I could about this and decided it was probably a software conflict issue. Went into settings and found 1 program using EXCESSIVE amount of battery. I have seen this before. That will cause all kinds of weird things to happen.  I Uninstalled that app and so far everything is working normally... the program causing the issue for me was tiktok.

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

I'm now on my replacement phone, having the exact same issue.  First phone lasted almost a year, this phone...3 weeks!

I have spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with my carrier.  The previous phone took me speaking to the 8th rep before I could get it resolved!

Now here I am again, about to spend my valuable time trying to explain the issue.  I'm sure at some point, I'll be using a few "sentence enhancers"!

Jimgreezy
Journeyman
Options

I'm in the same boat I'm on my 3rd replaced s21 ultra. The drop outs and loading web pages has started. So IL be due a new phone within a month. I'm going for an Asus phone after this. 

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

I'm still paying on this one.  Got V's trade-in valued at $800, but they force you to pay the balance over 2.5 years.  This will likely be the last Samsung I ever get.  Wish LG had stayed in the market, loved my last phone.

Tomeriker
First Poster
Options

Update... after waiting to see if tictoc was the issue, I can say it was not. This phone is still dropping out.

Strangely,  my problems started at the same time the S22 was announced. 

Coincidence?

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to appease Samsung. Maybe Apple this time? I've never owned an iPhone. ANY thoughts?

0 Likes
Jimgreezy
Journeyman
Options

Mine was like this from day one. Day of launch. You need a new mobo but the problem will return within 2 to 3 months. I mean you could by an apple if your a 75 year old lady.

Tomeriker
First Poster
Options

That sux. My last phone was a Motorola but everybody was telling me how good the Samsung was...

I'm a Linux user on PC, so Android is more familiar to me. I have never used IPhone.

I am a 54 year old man though.. lol

My plan payoff is just over $500, so if this gets much worse I'll just pay it off and switch to another name brand...

Any suggestions?

0 Likes