Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Network issues

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 06:45 AM)
OnTheVerge
Explorer
Options

My phone has been struggling to maintain a connection to network since late last year. Signal drops in and out randomly at home while other devices are fine.

I have tried my sim card in other phones,

Factory reset, reset network settings, tried to use e-sim, and all other common solutions. 

Nothing works. When signal is lost, sometimes turning flight mode on and off will bring signal back for a while.

This happens everywhere from home to town, and I live in a city with 5g available. 

Something needs to be done about this. Very disappointed as I have owned multiple galaxy S line phones since the s2. 

I would be very wary purchasing anything from Samsung in the future considering they have yet to acknowledge this issue despite the many threads describing the same issue.

33 REPLIES 33
Jimgreezy
Student
Options

Asus ROG phone. All-day 

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

I won't own an iPhone...hate them!

Got a new SIM card today.  Thought it was fixed.  Now I can't even make wifi calls, so it's about as useful as a brick now...

0 Likes
Jimgreezy
Student
Options

Have you not booked it for repair ? Samsung will come and swap out the main board etc. It's the only thing that will fix it.

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

No, I have not.  When you state they "will come and swap out the main board", I'm wondering what the restrictions are on where they will go.  I don't exactly live in a city.

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

So Samsung will let me trade for the S22 (unlocked) or try and get this one repaired.

Trying to decide which option to choose, as I may switch carriers. V has put in my account that my location is not able to be covered properly, so that will allow me to nullify my contract.  Only other carrier in my area is T-M.  I have to look at their option to switch and if it will cover what I need to break up with V.

Any opinions on the S22?

0 Likes
Tomeriker
First Poster
Options

I am with ATT.  Looked up an upgrade but I still owe 500+ dollars. I would have to pay that off first.  

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, I got this one after trading in my LG V50 (loved that phone).  They gave me $800 trade in, but the remainder would be paid over 2.5 years.

T-M has an offer for up to $800 to switch, just have to confirm they can provide a signal and if that $800 (or whatever $$$) will cover the payoff amount.  I have a feeling V won't let me pay off the $400, and will try to make me pay the balance of full price.

0 Likes
longnt1204
Student
Options

I have the same issue. My S21 Ultra sometimes drop from 4G/5G to 2G and take time to come back to 4G/5G. From Vietnam

Jimgreezy
Student
Options

You need a new mainboard. 

0 Likes
JBlichmann
Journeyman
Options

You can contact Samsung directly to either get the phone repaired near you, send it to them or upgrade to the 22 (what I did).  I'm still paying my carrier for the 21, but got a $900 trade in value.  So far, the 22 is great, but my problem with the 21 didn't arise until almost a year.