Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 poor screen quality

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 06:36 AM)
call64
Apprentice
Options
Hi 
Has anyone experienced problems with the screen on their device , I accidentally dropped mine shortly after receiving my new phone, fortunately I was covered with the insurance and was sent a replacement ( different colour device I may ad ) my issue is these phones are supposed to have the strongest glass and for the price you pay is very disappointing.Has anybody experienced similar problems. 
23 REPLIES 23
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Fiona26 wrote:
My son walked up the garden path miss judged his pocket. Well that was it, his iPhone 11 screen shattered. That was with a case and tempered glass screen protector. So they don't always completely help. Just depends how the phones going to land.

Good job it wasn't an iPhone 12 then! You can't turn the phone on if the screen is ever replaced.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
call64
Apprentice
Options
I will take your advice and get a wallet type case ...good shout thank you .
0 Likes
call64
Apprentice
Options
I agree with you their 100%.
0 Likes
colinwrona
Student
Options

I just got my s21 ultra yesterday and I dropped it from about 2 feet and the entire screen cracked

call64
Apprentice
Options
Ah Colin am sorry to hear this about your phone and this is what I was trying to get at when I posted my comment, I don't think these screens are as robust as they make out , I've had phones for years I've dropped them with or without a cases and never had a smashed screen .
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

As JerryRigEverything would say...

Glass is glass and glass breaks.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
call64
Apprentice
Options
Yeah thsts fair enough but in comparison to other phones I've had the S21 is very poor in my opinion , case or no case ...screen protector or no screen protector 🤔😫
0 Likes
John7286
Apprentice
Options

Agreed.  Never had a problem with screens until the s21 ultra.  Weakest glass ever. 

Shellys
First Poster
Options
I had mine 1wk and the screen has deep scratches from closing my phone case and it touching my credit cards! Never have I had a Samsung with such a poor quality screen.
0 Likes
MiramGamil
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have had a note 8 for 3 years and never had a problem with the screen except for some mild unrecognizable scratches.  I got a s21+ a month ago and it already has got a bunch of visible scratches and a DEEP one from a spoon droping from 3 cm.

not the same quality unfortunately. 😕 

0 Likes