Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Phone keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 17-02-2024 07:39 PM)
stevejd2000
Explorer
Options
Since the last update a few days ago my phone keeps restarting randomly. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @stevejd2000  Sometimes there can be conflicts with 3rd party apps/themes and if you have installed any lately an idea to run in Safe Mode, if problem does not exist in this Mode would pinpoint issue, https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/    

However if not the case clearing the cache partition can help and is advisable after updates.  Cache files can be outmoded or even corrupt, this will delete the temporary files but your Data is intact. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_koI0I99
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i am also facing the same issue since yesterday.

0 Likes
Africa3
First Poster
Options

I have done the above and it is still acting the same way

0 Likes
Samadh
First Poster
Options
I've been experiencing the same issue with my phone for months now. My phone is practically empty, as I only use it for work calls and texts. It's clear that this is a software error. I've contacted Samsung technical support multiple times about this issue. Twice, they directed me to take my phone to a specific EE store, where a staff member was supposed to fix it. However, on both visits, the staff informed me that they couldn't help because it was a software issue, not a hardware problem.

I then contacted Samsung again to explain what had happened and expressed my dissatisfaction with being sent to the EE store only to receive no assistance. Samsung eventually arranged for DPD to collect my phone for repairs. After a week, they contacted me, claiming that my phone was in poor condition. This is completely untrue, as my phone has always been protected by a case and a screen protector. They also informed me that I would have to pay for the repairs since my phone is no longer under warranty.

I feel like Samsung is taking advantage of me. This is a software issue, not a hardware one, so they should repair it regardless of whether my phone is still under warranty. However, they keep insisting that I need to pay for the repair. My phone is still not fixed, and I’m seriously considering selling all my Samsung products and switching back to Apple, where customers are treated fairly and not like a joke.

Can you believe it? They’re asking me to pay when the problem is clearly with the software, not the phone itself.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Samadh: I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to get you issue resolved via our Carry-In and Pick-up repair services. Please note that our warranty covers software and hardware defects for 24 months from the initial purchase date, but not instances of physical damage. If any damage is identified by one of our engineers at the inspection stage, then this would need to be resolved in order to return the phone to its warranty specifications, and to prevent further issues from arising. In this instance, if your phone is over 24 months old, or if any repairs are required to address physical damage to the device, then a charge would be applicable to cover the cost of the service. I appreciate that this is not the outcome your were hoping for, however we must stand by the engineers decision on this occasion. 

0 Likes
Members_r1eVRn4
First Poster
Options

I knew you was going to say something along them lines. however my phone has no damage at all what so ever. the issue is with the software and not with the handset itself which was confirmed by your recommended EE instore technician who have said this problem I am facing with my device is a software issue and not a handset or hardware issue.

what I fail to understand and Samsung fail to acknowledge is that the software was created by a "Samsung's software developer" and the software contained a glitch or an error which puts handsets into auto constant reboot. yet this is apparently not Samsung's fault and is a fault of the owner of the handset due to their device no longer being under warranty.  

0 Likes
Members_r1eVRn4
First Poster
Options

I have read online on many other platforms such as Facebook and Twitter that there are soo many people facing the same issue with the devices after a software update yet this is a apparently service users fault and not any fault of Samsung. 

0 Likes