Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 can I return the phone if the camera not working properly ??

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 08:36 AM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
So the camera is making blurry photos with close objects. No changes after settings reset.. also in safe mode exactly the same .. no matter options u change .. indoor outdoor.. 64k.. normal quality it's also the same on video blurry with close objects and u cannot read text. Its only working OK if u zoom it from 0.5 to 1.0 .. after 1.0 its OK but that's because its working with the second camera I guess. Even if u take photo from far and zoom in after its the same u cannot read text or what ever it's not about close photos it's about small objects like letters are  blurry always. So can I return this phone or replace it with s21 Ultra for example ? What is the return policy about blurry or broken camera ? Pls don't ask about the lens. The lens is clean and clear.. the camera is broken.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

I though you had the ultra because you wrote 64k and I though that you misttype 8k and you where not meaning 64mpx.

If the phone is less than 14 days you have the right (depending on your country) to return the device at your seller and have a full refund, if you are within the return period then go ahead.

Also keep in mind that no manufacturer allows you to buy a device and then exchange it for another one. You have to return the current one and then buy another one, if you are out of the return period you could try to get your phone replaced with another s21 due to "defects" but samsung can still try to repair it, if when they repair it you have the same problem you can ask for another repair, if I am not mistaken after 2 or 3 consecutive repairs to fix a problem if it is not fixed you can ask and get a replacement and get another s21.

What you are experiencing with your device is strange though, it should no cause that

Archer
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Your photos are very strange. It looks like you are focused on the background instead of the foreground as I can see what's in the background of your photos are all in focus.
To be certain of this I just tried it on my phone by having an item with text in front of the camera but tap to focus on the background and I end up with exactly the type of photos you have posted.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
It's 2 months already and I can't send it back. From what I read Ultra it's completely different phone and much better in everything, but they refuse to replace if I pay more. You are right. And even if they repair this blury thing I have by default I see a lot of ppl posting similar even worse photos than this one. No colors on photos also. 2021 Samsung last model, what a joke. U should see also the phone overheat without playing a game I couldn't believe really I was just changing setting on camera for like 30 min and I got message for overheat. 900 euro for what.. for S5 display. S20 Is much better. Let's see after repair. I'm sure almost nothing will change.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
U are right, everything in front is blury at the back its better but still colors are pff. I'm not focusing anything I turned off and on all the options on this camera nothing change.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
What happens if you tap to focus on the item you are trying to take the picture of?
May I see a photo which is focused on the it?
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
When u focus or lock focus or click anywhere it's changing a little bit but worse. Never clear the photos but u can clearly see before u take photo the camera when u just move around the quality is bad its like very old phones cameras they have like white snowflakes and dots like pixels u see like moving all the time on walls and everything. This one is exactly like this. And bright also like old phones no sharp colors nothing.. terrible. Even if they fix the zoom they won't fix the quality never. I hold A71 here, the camera it's exactly the same except the 4k and 8k. Everything else is the same. Cheap.

20210328_170732_1293.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
This photo is still focused on the background it's easy to see. If your camera is defective you will no doubt get a replacement from Samsung when they test it.
If the phone is really focusing on the background automatically and you can't change focus then the camera is definitely defective and have nothing to do with anything being cheap.

Send it to Samsung as defective as a defect like this could be easily proven and anyone can agree this would not be normal camera behaviour. You can also do a screen recording showing that you are actually focusing on the item and this is the result and this would not be disputed by them. As I said, if this is indeed the case it can easily be identified as a fault and your handset should be replaced or repaired.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

with ultra the norm is what you are experiencing now, haven't read my post about sensor sizes?

Anyways your unit looks like having some defects, the only solution is to bring it to a samsung authorised repair center and have them do their work to fix it :smiling-face:

Archer
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
BTW, the 0.5x sensor DOES not have autofocus - if you use the 1.0 sensor that is the MAIN sensor and it is not zoomed in. The 0.5X one is zoomed out and is primarily used for wider scenes and not for close up images. You should make sure to use the 1.0x camera for any close up images, as this is the main camera and has the same FoV as the main camera on any other phone.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
I.e the sensor you would use to take normal photos which is the one equivalent to the normal camera on any other phone is the 1.0x sensor, at 12mp which is achieved by selecting (3:4). The 1.0x 64mp sensor and the 0.5x one are SECONDARY cameras, not intended for close up images and so it is behaving as normal if these sensors aren't focusing as well as you may expect from a main sensor, as they are not the main sensor.
0 Likes