Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G - No One UI 6 yet

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 06:43 AM)
nathanielajayi7
Apprentice
Options

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G solely because it was supposed to get One UI 6 and Android 15, ultimately but that looks like it's not the case for me as it seems.

I don't know why.  Attached is a screenshot of the updated screen I've been seeing for months

Screenshot_20240115_074150_Software update.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Milaneso
First Poster
Options

Im from mexico and i got my new s21 5g en the 28th of december and i still haven't gotten the new update

nathanielajayi7
Apprentice
Options

Same issues here man

It's tiring

0 Likes
Rodney5
Explorer
Options
I would gladly swap the update with you for the older version!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@nathanielajayi7: The Galaxy S21 5G is scheduled to receive the Android 14/One UI 6.0 update, however this will reach some customers sooner than others based on factors such as purchase date, network provider and location. If you head to Settings > Software update > Auto download over Wi-Fi, then this will ensure that you're set up to receive the update when it is made available to you. You can also check Smart Switch on your home computer, to see if the update can be downloaded via this channel. 

To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S21 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

0 Likes
Nic-J
Journeyman
Options
Dont update. Nothing but issues with my fold 4 since the one ui 6. Im considering getting rid of it, its that bad.
nathanielajayi7
Apprentice
Options

Wow. It's that bad, huh

0 Likes
Nic-J
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, lost the ability to close apps and use the recents function, several apps i use for work and games i play do not open any longer, even after a reinstall. And my battery life has halved im at 22% right now yet i came off charge at 8:10 this morning, same with my watch 5 pros recent update, used to get an easy 2+ days between charges. Same time taken off charge its currently at 8%. With moderate to low usage
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

1000% DO NOT UPDATE

My phone has nosed dived in terms of quality, its horrendous.

I'm on the s21 ultra 5g and overnight since updating it the phone is trash. Same issues as  above..

My watch 4 same, battery life is even worse than it was with literally next to nothing on it bar heart/step monitor

Most notable and worst so far are

• Screen is constantly no working when I tap it or brings up random things
  • Videos, when zooming its like a massive jump shift in quality/lighting etc, no longer smooth
  • Camera is patchy in photos.. you have to stand and not move and have a ton of light otherwise a clunky mess
  • Image quality, it auto defaults to the lowest setting so I have to manually select 108mp or 40mp on the front . EVERYTIME, doesn't stick to what you normally use like it did.

Its clear they shoved in something to wreck older phones and try push people into getting new gen phones.

I paid 1200 euros for this and all I ended up getting was a phone with bloatware you cannot remove, a bad battery life as really to get longevity you can't use the best screen/processor settings etc without it dying extremely fast and a company that really couldn't care less how much you spent on them. 

Absolutely done with Samsung after this latest kicker

0 Likes