Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 5g gets hot during calls

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 09:41 PM)
Bwillg
Navigator
Options
Has anyone noticed that the s21 gets hotter and hotter during calls.
I expect a slight increase in temperature, but mime seems to actually get hot.
19 REPLIES 19
Testr
Student
Options

So originally out of the box when turned on and going through set up it went extremely hot, unable to hold it in hand, this then meant phone stopped functioning, I stuck it on the charge after a reboot same thing, did the update that was pushed through, still the same... funny enough I changed the charging cable ran geek bench and so far has been alright... so maybe its just new phone boot up everything powering up and that.. I'll keep an eye on it for few days and if it gets hot again then will just return it. 

dayaan1
Explorer
Options

facing the same issue. it becomes super hot, even while charging it

0 Likes
Zeenetics
First Poster
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra.. And I'm experiencing the same issue. It got too hot that mobile showed the message that it's getting too hot and switched off the apps.

I don't know should I call Vodafone or give it few more hours.

0 Likes
Bwillg
Navigator
Options
Well after using mine now for 4 days it does still get warm during calls but not as bad as when started. so am guessing that it was items working overtime in background during first few days setting apps up etc. thankfully mine never got hot enough for the message to appear, but also wonder if it is the materials used on back now that radiating heat more than previous models. I would suggest giving few days and see how goes before calling Vodafone.
0 Likes
Nil9
First Poster
Options

I got S21 5G 3 days back  and have observed that even though it is not in use (in the night when I am sleeping) and when I check in the morning , it is warm . I can expect the same to be warm when in use but not when it is not in use! Also the battery life is quiet crappy, when I slept it was 55% and when I got up after 7 hours, it was 5%.Also I have not seen any response from Samsung on this forum for issues mentioned here so far.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I was the 1st one to preorder my S21 5G....1st one to receive the phone on 1-29-2021 Best Buy.....from activation, till today, it is running hot, whether on charger or talking...all updates were completed when I received the phone...I also noticed the battery is being drained....going back to Best Buy to see Samsung....feel very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Iftekhar59
First Poster
Options

My s21 runs hot (yes, hot not warm) during calls, and some use of the phone. This is worrisome since a lot of comments above have the same issue. Will return if the issue persists

0 Likes
Kris22
First Poster
Options

I just got mine this morning.  It is very hot.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I went back to Best Buy to meet with the Samsung Rep....he referred me to UBreakiFix....they are performing all diagnostic testing for Samsung Warranty....They said all is OK....then the phone started overheating....he asked me to exchange phone, it might be a defected batter, Samsung is not aware of....I plan on taking their advice....such a pain to transfer my life into another phone....

0 Likes
Dan
First Poster
Options

I received my s21 ultra last Friday it was getting incredibly hot and the apps was shutting down sent it back to ee and received a new one yesterday was on Skype to a few friends today after 40 minutes it shut down because it got to hot thinking of just getting rid of it 

0 Likes