Did you mean: 

S20+ usb-c to aux problem

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 11:24 PM)
H0pH0p
Explorer
Options

Hey guys,

So I got my new S20+ And its great!

There is only one problem which makes me want to lose the phone... the is no aux, not a problem because we got the cables usb-c to aux... only, it does not work.

When connecting it, it makes a click sound like it works. Then it actually doesn't play any audio.

I tried to connect it to my car, did not work. Tried to connect to some regular earbuds and a studio headphone those worked. But since I get my buds+ soon I couldn't care for those thing, I want to listen music in my car via aux.

Why isn't my 1300 euros phone not allowing me to play some music in my car?

Thanks in common!

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
ronald321
Apprentice
Options

USB Type C to 3.5mm Female Headphone Jack Adapter, JSAUX USB C to Aux Audio Dongle Cable Cord Compatible with Pixel 4 3 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Z Flip S20+ Note 10 S10 S9 Plus, iPad Pro(Grey)

NOTE: IT SPECIFICALLY STATED S20

0 Likes
Holymungdiver
Student
Options
YOU SHOYLD THROW YOUR SAMSUNG OUT THE WONDOW
Angela1111
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have just got the S20 which came with no USB lead, so I'm using the USB lead I got with the S9. It did work on and off sometimes saying not compatible. It's not working at all now saying not compatible. I only want it to work for google maps to work on my car screen. Do you think the lead you bought would work for my problem? 

Thanks Angela

0 Likes
Taylor1
First Poster
Options

@H0pH0p wrote:

I've ordered another plug which might help because it has a built in DAC.

Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't

Edit: it actually did work! I ordered this product: PEPPER JOBS usb c audio cable 3 5 mm adapter C2PDA | DAC | PD charge

what does the thing look like? anyone able to share a picture?

0 Likes
JohanHorak
Apprentice
Options

Frustrating. But thanks for users trying to fix Samsungs ignorant audio issues. 

I am trying to connect a lavalier microphone to the S20. Obviously with no audio jack I got a micro USB to 3.5mm Adapter. But Samsung does not support the connected device (USB).

Usb c to 3.5 mm. Not recognised.Usb c to 3.5 mm. Not recognised.

Some users here suggested this instead. I am not sure.Some users here suggested this instead. I am not sure.

Others had luck with some or other pro driver. One guy said it did not work for them.

So I am not sure how to continue trying to connect my lavalier mic to this excellent camera phone with useless audio. 

I hope you can help. 

I'll be off to the play store to get the pro app. 

The get the DAC? Adapter. 

0 Likes
JohanHorak
Apprentice
Options
I tried the USB Audio Player Pro. Unfortunately it did not work for my case.
Bobjames
Explorer
Options

I'm please to report that this adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z7CMZ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 works great on headphones and aux out on my S20+ Uk phone. Thanks to Ronald for suggesting this. Regards Bob

0 Likes
Hunttr
Apprentice
Options

I really do not believe the issue is with the adaptor.I purchased a samsung adaptor from best buy for around $14.It works most of the time.But, not all of the time.Don't know why.

0 Likes
Resolution
Journeyman
Options

It is a compatibility problem between the the s20's native usb drivers and certain usb DAC/adapters. Likely something to do with how the onboard and external chips interact.

The usb hardware is capable of transmitting a clean signal for me when the drivers are by-passed with an app such as UAPP. 

My ifi hip DAC crackles and pops when using spotify or tidal apps directly but works superbly when using tidal via UAPP.

Question is: A) Does Samsung care enough about its customers to work on a driver update to fix this issue?  B) is it actually possible to get their internal usb drivers to play ball with these external dacs?

KB9NDL
First Poster
Options

With the pepper jobs adaptor were you able to use the mic on the phone?To use voice text and google voice search?I have a similar adaptor from amazon x-kim. It works to play music through headphones and charges at the same time.But it disables the mic on the phone.I use voice texting mostly so this is very inconvinant.

0 Likes