Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s10 android 11 update-wifi is not working anymore

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 06:55 PM)
langewim
Student
Options

hi

i just updated my s10 with android 11. after update my s10 cannot connect to wifi anymore.

someone with same experience/ solution?

thx in advance

Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
MrWiggenhammer
Apprentice
Options

This works thanks

0 Likes
MrWiggenhammer
Apprentice
Options

This is the one that worked for me. I have no idea who put the randomized MAC in but holy **** that's *****ty. 

0 Likes
Members_gTLXymb
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am in exactly the same situation.

0 Likes
CodyO
Journeyman
Options

Worked with Samsung remote support and did the "cache partition clear" and wifi started working after previously not being able to even see networks any more but then over the course of 5mins disconnected/reconnected automatically 3 times then lost completely again. Reset network settings didn't help. Was told to do factory reset which I dreaded but did it and before restoring all my stuff from SD Card on board, wifi worked for hours with no issue. Restored all my stuff to phone (unchecked settings in case something was off in network stuff) started having same issue with wifi and would also cause phone to restart too sometimes. Got tired of working on phone for weeks and just got a new S21 today...no issues so far with wifi with all stuff transfered from old phone however my text messages have 2-3 of every message depending on conversation and I have all my messages from the last ~10yrs (multiple phones). O man....instead of 12GB in messages I think I have 36GB of messages eating up my phone space now.

0 Likes
GiseleLeme
First Poster
Options

After the update of android 11 the wifi does not work anymore. Tryed everything above without success. All I get is "connected without internet". My husband has a identical S10 pls with Android 10 and it works perfectly in the same network. Whats going on with this update  ? Please help.  

0 Likes
agmarkis
Student
Options

Same issue here. Noticed a number of articles on it written this year that tells you to "restart your phone", but that doesn't work. The update broke the wifi connectivity, but I will be trying the non-randomized MAC fix for the network.

I thought that maybe this phone would be different, it seems every phone from Samsung so far has had issues with updates over time. We'll see if a fix comes out for this one.

0 Likes
Antony95
First Poster
Options
I had all the same issues, ended up having to forget the network and then readding it as in inputting the password again. Works fine now
0 Likes
agmarkis
Student
Options

Forgetting the network did nothing, that was the first thing I tried. But I did fix the issue.

Android phones using my wifi started having issues after the update, and I ended up fixing it by changing an optimization setting in my access point. Turning off randomized MAC worked as well, but this is a better solution.

0 Likes
Tedgb
Student
Options
galaxy A71 after the 11 update my galaxy A71 cannot connect to WiFi anymore
do you know how to fix It?
0 Likes
Brooklynite
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue.

Galaxy S10+

Updated June 14th 2021 automatically overnight.

Android 11

Kernel ending in ...5GUD1 April 26th. 

Full cold reboot works for 5 minutes then wifi drops.

No wifi shows up in the list whatsoever.

Samsung removed the "scan" button, so I am at the mercy of the phone doing whatever it wants in scanning for wifi.

The wifi list is completely empty. Blank. No scan button. The circle is turning.

None of these worked:

Wifi off and on

Airplane mode on and off

Randomizer MAC enhanced thing off and on.

Reboots many times.

Nothing works.

0 Likes