Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not getting voicemail notifications

(Topic created on: 19-10-2023 03:33 AM)
MagTulsa
First Poster
Options

I see that many of you are having the problem of not getting rid of your voicemail notifications.  I have the opposite problem.  Somehow my voicemail notifications are turned off, and I can't get them back on.  When I go into the settings/notifications and select phone, the "Show notifications" button is highlighted in blue, and I can't turn it on.  I am grateful for any advice you can give.

17 REPLIES 17
troy761
First Poster
Options

My fix was to go to the settings on the S21 itself-the gear icon>Notifications> App Notifications>found the green Voicemail app and the notification was turned off, i turned it on, made a test call and it works. I now get a notification that someone has called and left a message.

0 Likes
AubreyHer
First Poster
Options

Hello, I saw alot of people had this problem. I did as well and wanted to share how I fixed mine. 

I  went into apps info (Typed it into the phone search bar), Then I found my green voicemail app, I cleared the storage and then I force stopped the app. Then got out of everything and clicked on the voicemail app and it opened up with some version stuff I had to ok and now it works. 

My phone was like this forever. Thanks to everyone that commented that gave me multiple things to try. I appreciate it so much 

0 Likes
bala2
First Poster
Options
I've got an old galaxy j5 and just recently my voicemails arnt coming through, if they do and i press it, it phones the person back rather thsn letting me hear the voicemail
0 Likes
Solution
PVanderv
Apprentice
Options

Solved it!  😄  Works for my Galaxy S20.

1 Open the Settings app (Gear on the home screen).
2 Tap Apps.
3 Tap the "sort by" icon -- It's the faint little icon with the little down arrow and the three horizontal lines on the right side of the screen just above the list of apps, opposite "Your apps" on the left
4 Tap "Show system apps", tap "OK".

Clear Call settings Cache:
5 Tap "Call settings".
6 Tap Storage.
7 Tap "Clear cache" on the bottom of the screen.
8 Tap the back key twice

Clear Voicemail Cache same way

0 Likes
PVanderv
Apprentice
Options

(Can't delete posting)

0 Likes
Aspen Silverbough
First Poster
Options

I couldn't find voicemail cache in my settings to clear.

Holly71
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything listed here on my Samsung, a 25 and I am not able to find a voicemail icon and I have cleared my call settings my phone services, everything and it still will not show when I have a voicemail. I tried to contact Samsung, and they blame it on my cellular Carrier which. States it is the phone. I have already missed numerous voicemails that were important, and I'm very disappointed in Samsung.

0 Likes
PVanderv
Apprentice
Options

Holly71 - Yes, I have had the same experience.  When I first tried the solution I posted above, it seemed to work, but then no.  I always power off my phone when I sleep.  So nowadays, I always check my voicemail when I get up.  It doesn't take more than a few seconds to dial *86, and then tap my 4-digit password.  I know it sucks, but there doesn't seem to be another solution.  😞

0 Likes