Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No individual app notification sounds?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 08:07 PM)
Elizabeth M
Apprentice
Options

Just upgraded from an s7 (yay!) and I'm having trouble finding g where/how to have different notification sounds for different apps.

I use my phone a lot for work & I need to be able to differentiate between text messages and other notifications.

62 REPLIES 62
Soldiersgame
Journeyman
Options

Except you didn't. It's not an app by app option. It's should be a phone setting to control notifications on every app with individual sounds and it doesn't give that option.

Thekuai
Apprentice
Options

Well it's a work around. Clearly when you use smart transfer it messes something up. At least I have all my app sounds back.

0 Likes
Soldiersgame
Journeyman
Options

How can you have something that the phone does not come with? We are talking about individual app having different notifications not 1 blanket sound for all notifications.

0 Likes
Thekuai
Apprentice
Options

Once the individual app is Uninstalled and reinstalled the option reappears for that app to use app specific sounds 

Screenshot_20211015-231223_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Soldiersgame
Journeyman
Options

That option doesn't appear on most apps even with newly downloaded apps

0 Likes
bigbeardedbuddy
First Poster
Options

I don't see a "general notifications" option on my Galaxy S21 Ultra?

0 Likes
DenZ91
First Poster
Options
Where's that app?
0 Likes
JukEboXAuDiO
Journeyman
Options

For everyone looking for an answer to this problem. Here it is.

https://www.techbone.net/samsung/user-manual/notification-sounds-for-individual-apps 

I need this because I need to stay up on everything and I like to know which apps are alerting me.

2pennies
First Poster
Options

For the love of GOD. PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING THIS SOLUTION! IT. DOES. NOT. WORK. There has been an update of some form that has removed all ability to have individual app notification sounds. Jesus Christ, stop suggesting we go into settings and click on notifications blah blah blah. This thread is littered with people telling you all that it doesn't work.

I just had Black screen of death. Samsung shipped new phone. New phone has ZERO ability to change notifications. I HATE YOU FOR THIS SAMSUNG!!! this makes absolutely zero ***** sense!!! I haven't found a single fix. This will be the last galaxy I ever buy.

JukEboXAuDiO
Journeyman
Options

2pennies. My phone is as new as yours is. I can prove it works if you want because I set my messages and other apps to have different sounds. Also a different sound for when certain people text me.

0 Likes