Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loose charging port s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 04:09 PM)
BeardyTom
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone had any issues with a loose charging port on an s21 ultra I seem to have alot of play with the Samsung charger provided should it be like this?
28 REPLIES 28
BeardyTom
Apprentice
Options
I had a repair booked then samsung email saying they cancelled it starting to lose faith with it a bit now charging is fine its just the data transfer and android auto
Kimc205
First Poster
Options

I also have issues with my charging cables. In android auto in my 2020 acura, when the car moves and the phone moves I lose connection.

Also my charging at home has been loose and unreliable.

I have been just living with it. Following this chat...

dana24
Student
Options

yes! I have had my phone LESS THAN A MONTH! and it's already having issues. I know it's a loose port bc the cable wiggles. it will charge for a minute and then stop if it's jostled even slightly. and that's with the Samsung cord that it came with and the 3rd party cord I bought

dana24
Student
Options

mine isn't overheating (except once).  but this charging issue makes me want to return it and reactivate my s9

Tyler coutts
First Poster
Options

Mine is starting to do the same thing and I thought it was my cord but every cord I try it doesn't stay in it just keeps coming Los and falling out while it's charging 

AndrewL
Options

@Tyler coutts : If the problem has persisted with multiple cables, then this suggests that the issue is stemming from the charging port itself. If the cable feels loose, and a connection cannot be maintained, then please try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Cable charging, and follow the on screen prompts. If an 'Action required' notification is displayed after the test, please reach out to our Help Desk via samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and an advisor will be able to arrange for your Galaxy S21 to be inspected and repaired by an authorised engineer. 

0 Likes
tjet73
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Had the same issue with my S10 edge and had to pay the $250 deductible to get a new one. I've about had it with Samsung phones.

EvanS21ULTRA
Apprentice
Options

I came here because I have been having the same problem. My phone is about 6 months old. I have a S21 Ultra and since day 1 I have used the USB fast charge brick and USBC TO USBC cable from my local electronic retailer. Now I go to plug in my phone, and it will say "8hrs remaining until charged" and I'm like "that's not right??" so I do that about 5-6 times and finally it registers and says "1hr 25mins remaining" "FAST CHARGING". I'm tired of doing this. This is a problem that should of been solved on day 1 because it's the most common a phone can have. This is my first Samsung phone, and will definitely be my last. 

Hamsung
Student
Options

I don't blame you, my last 4 samsung phones have all developed charger port problems of some sort. Usb-c are always loose and stop charging, the micro USB phones all had bad connector problems the center pins would bend and slightly touch the ground and start a battery drain.  Absolutely shocking cheap quality parts are used in Samsung phones.  

Yet I have cheap devices i.e non samsung that last for years and have never have port problems.  

0 Likes
StevieM90
First Poster
Options

Yes. My phone goes in and out of charging all of the time. Mostly if the angle changes by a hair or if I'm holding it. But some times on the edge of my desk it will go in and out every few seconds.

0 Likes