Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update plays music randomly on phone

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 05:40 PM)
NinaWildeUK
Pathfinder
Options
I just did the latest Android update and suddenly it keeps playing music for no reason even when I press stop and close any apps

Why?
How can I stop this ?

Literally hadn't even restarted my phone after the update and some random music playing from SoundCloud lol .. hadn't had chance to even touch my phone

Please help Samsung .. and please log this bug 
36 REPLIES 36
AndrewL
Options

@Buzzieboi: I'm sorry to hear that this issue has persisted. Were you able to identify any apps in the Recently Sent menu that might point to the source of the music you're hearing? If not, please submit an Error Report by following the steps in my previous reply, so our team of experts can take a look at this from a software perspective. 

In the meantime, to prevent any disruptions while you're sleeping, please head to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb, and toggle this option on. Now, check the 'Allowed during Do not disturb' options below, and set this up to your preference. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

0 Likes
Miss Jean
First Poster
Options

I work for Verizon Wireless but my opinions and posts are my own and not related to my job.  I just had a similar call and it was the news break app causing the issue (Their ads would still play in the background) .  So it could be something other than music apps.  

0 Likes
Buzzieboi
Journeyman
Options

It continues. Friday night at 8.43pm, Saturday at 8am and 11.48pm waking me up. When will we see some progress. I have sent the info you asked for. I can not see any particular app causing it. I don't use a news app. 

0 Likes
Growler505
Journeyman
Options

My S22 Ultra over the last week has randomly just started playing music - that doesn't stop - in the night time. Annoying and inconvenient given I am trying to sleep for work.

Same tune each time. Sounds like game music. I noted that Game Launcher updated itself last vweek. I never use Game launcher but I have just opened it and it now includes some stupid egg rewards thing. I opened game launcher and the music stopped.

I have now disabled notifications (I would delete it if I could) from Game Launcher but if I have been getting woken up in the night so some Samsung bloatware I don't use can push some stupid rewards I don't care about, I'm gonna be furious.

After years of Samsung loyalty their supposed flagship phones are becoming a joke.

justsomebody00
Student
Options

Same here S22 Ultra.  I think it started a couple of weeks back.  Sounds like a game music that just keeps repeating itself.  
do not remember installing anything new

Do not have games installed
not showing up in notifications.

it also keeps playing while I put other music on.
cannot tell which app it is coming from.  I closed everything.

justsomebody00
Student
Options

I closed my weather app and it stopped.  Not sure if it will restart.

hope that helps

Buzzieboi
Journeyman
Options

Is Samsung doing anything about this???? I have to restart my phone every time to get rid of it.

0 Likes
Growler505
Journeyman
Options

Since disabling all notifications from Game Launcher a week ago I have not had a recurrence. Fingers crossed I've located the culprit.

0 Likes
Keren60s
First Poster
Options

My s8 did this lat night at 1am. I couldn't find any app open and it was weird music. I turned phone off and it has gone but too bad if I needed my alarm. Is it a big?

0 Likes
Keren60s
First Poster
Options

Thank you. It was samsung cloud. Not music I added and not sure why it played at 1 am

0 Likes