Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden apps

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 05:50 PM)
Arejaz
Student
Options
After last update hidden apps wont show in search bar any more. Also wont show in 3rd party "app finder" app any more. Can anyone explain why is this happening? Im trying to hide rarely used apps like calculator and access it via search bar so my app drawer is nice and tidy, but afyer last update its not possible.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Arejaz
Student
Options
I know the "workarounds" etc, im looking if any people from samsung can come to their sences. This is only one problem of many, but some can have work arounds and some can not. For example samsung employee basically confirmed that s20fe can't stand max load and work stable so for gaming i dont recommend this model as the screen will dimm and they do nothing about it. And now this - so if i have to have a mess in my phone which i paid (for me) lots of money, then i rather root it or ill get Realme gt pro and good bye samsung. I dont understand where they get ideas like dumb bixby or hiding apps completely are helpfull.....
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Arejaz: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration regarding the Hide Apps feature. For me, it makes sense that they wouldn't show up in the Apps Drawer search bar, as the feature is designed to remove the visibility of the app. As advised by @Anonymous User your best bet is to organise any unused apps in their own folders, which will still allow you to neaten up your Apps Drawer, and keep your regularly used apps visible for quick and easy access. 

0 Likes
Arejaz
Student
Options
No go, as mentioned, before update the "app finder" was able to see hidden apps. Just today i tried new app which has option to manage hidden apps, but it showed there are no hidden apps. And i have hidden all the bloatware and other apps i dont use. It just feels like samsung is not evolving to user friendly ui, but are evolving to user annoying ui. Why dont samsumg make changes where they are actually needed? Like reduce battery usage and overheatig by giving user an option for example to install facebook, or not install facebook when setting up the phone? Why bixby cant be uninstalled? Things like that. The worst thing is, i was considering yearly upgrade which i do on april i was thinking about s21, but now im confident about changing the brand. Even the phone i hate (iphone) is actually now more user friendly than samsung amd never overheats in game play.... where are your solutions like glass battery cover which helps knocks off 8°C which is a lot in gaming? Why bluetooth sound is 1second behing during online gameplay? Why samsung dont focus to these actual problems which users are seeking since galaxy s6? Nothing was done.... and these are not frustrations, these are facts and all samsung could reply "we can't comment on other brand phone" even OnePlus9 can do better in gaming....
Herebis an easy question, what are other "tragedies" in upcoming updates?
0 Likes
Arejaz
Student
Options
And i have a reason to hide apps and access them via other app or search bar, else i wouldn't be here posting
0 Likes