cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s21 serious issue need help

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 07:53 PM)
Options

Hi,

My Galaxy s21 keeps crashing and I don't even know where to start. First One Home UI not responding errors kept popping up. I cleared all data form that app. Now Settings app keeps crashing. 

I already did a full settings reset but still have these issues. 

Please help!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Dontcarephonebroke12: Please can you try restarting your Galaxy S21 in Safe mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the issue is stemming from an external source. 

To enter Safe mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe mode active, monitor the performance of the device for a few hours, based on the frequency that you encounter the issue. If you find that the crashes no longer occur, then please restart your phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. It won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore I recommend approaching this via a process of elimination. 

Options

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that suggestion. I actually was able to restart the device in safe mode about 30 mins. ago. The device quickly became unresponsive again until it just went black again and now remains unresponsive again. No type of reboot functionality works anymore. What do I do now? I am on Verizon network. Is this a VZW issue or a Samsung app issue? This happened out of the blue and no new apps have been downloaded. I was able to confirm all device software updates are current. 

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

Given what you've tried already, when was the last time you performed a Wipe Partition Cache on your device?

If you haven't and you can get into recovery mode, I would certainly give this a go. (It won't delete your data).
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
S24 Ultra
Options

Hi,

I'd love to do this but my phone is completely unresponsive. I haven't been able to do this...I'll keep trying. Just now, while sitting on my desk, it randomly tried to reboot but failed. The verizon logo showed for a while and then it went to black. Battery is at 65% so that's not an issue. ... I hope I can do the wipe cache partition.. 

Thanks for all these suggestions...!

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you connecting your device to a computer using USB-C cable?

That might just do it 🤞
S24 Ultra
Options

I am, I hear a sound from the PC that something is being connected. Phone screen stays black. I just tried USB-C to USB-C connection to another phone as well... no luck 😞 😞

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Silly question I'm sure.

Black screen, double tap on it? I guess you've tried that already but just in case.
S24 Ultra
Members_Q760tgo
Apprentice
Options

Did this work? I'm having similar issues.

0 Likes