Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exynos version of the galaxy s21 ultra over heating

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 05:35 PM)
Emsly
Explorer
Options
Anyone else not impressed with the battery performance of the s21 ultra? Is anyone having overheating problems in the UK? Does ur phone prompt u that multiscreen has to be closed because of over heating hence u cannot make video calls and use other apps at the same time? I am wondering if i should order a replacement or outrightly return the phone. I just want to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. 
0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I'm impressed with my S21 ultra exynos 16GB/512GB, no issues whatsoever & get great SOT 10 -11 hours with no heating issues, even tested it with the video camera & no issues.
Hopefully your device will settle down after a week or so after optimising & the February software update fix.
Emsly
Explorer
Options
I am hopeful
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I was getting awful Battery life. did a factory reset. only restored my contacts from Samsung cloud. everything else I've done manually and my battery today has been good. it needs to learn my usage again so it'll get even better but I've posted my results from yesterday... and my battery today. factory reset definitely improved things.

Screenshot_20210215-131208_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210215-131701_Device care.jpg

Yush
Apprentice
Options
Did you use samsung Smart switch?
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
No I always setup all my devices from scratch.
0 Likes
Nissa4
Explorer
Options
I've not had any issues with battery life but then I've always got power saving mode turned on on my phones.

One thing I have noticed is the phone heats up a bit when using the camera.
Emsly
Explorer
Options
does your video calls close because of over heating?
0 Likes
Nissa4
Explorer
Options
Honestly I don't video call but I'll give it a try and let you know. How long roughly are you on the call before it closes?
0 Likes
Emsly
Explorer
Options
Multi tasking and video calls, 15 minutes or less and I will be told that phone too hot for multi window
Nissa4
Explorer
Options
Hiya, so I've just finished a video call whilst multi tasking and although my phone got a little warm it didn't close the call or anything. I did the call for 40 minutes. Have you done the latest update? I've got one scheduled to install in a little while and one was done on the 12th.
Maybe consider letting Samsung know about the issue if it continues, hopefully it won't.
Sorry I wasn't much help.
0 Likes