Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charger

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 11:41 PM)
Bees78
Student
Options
I'd like to know why my new s20 didn't come with the plug for my charger? Now I have to spend more money for one as it's a double c end.
8 REPLIES 8
Case1188
Voyager
Options
none of the s21 range comes with a charger, just the USB cable, I guess samsung are now following apple.
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
Officially they said it's because most likely everyone will have previous charge brick so they are reducing materials etc. True, but for me I have an S10 fast charge brick which will either take ages or not charge my S21 ultra at all. I've had to buy a 15w charger frustratingly.

No charger no expandable memory.....🤔
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Your S10 charger should charge it just fine. "fast charging" ( or around 10-18watt ) is often disabled out the box, if you haven't ensured it is enabled already, Settings > Battery & Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings- and toggle fast charging on.
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
Really? I'll give it a try went the phone arrives and if so I return the 15w. I saw someone mention the s10 brick wouldn't work.
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
yes, as long as it's type c on one end, which it is, it will charge your phone, and I think I remember a type c to c 25 watt charger on the S10 5G, and maybe even on S10+/S10 etc, if not they will be at least 15 watt, so either way, it is the same charger that the newest models support, whether that be 15 or 25 watt. it's always good to have a spare though, if you keep the one you already bought.
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
cheers pal 👍
Bees78
Student
Options
Thank you Guys. I have had order one as all the other charges I have seem to be slow, even though I have fast charging turned on.
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
If you have a S10 charger it will work. Just have to enable fast charging. Out of the box the S21 only has charging and super fast charging enabled. To be honest having tried fast and super fast charging the over all charging time is only reduced by maybe 10-15 mins. So unless that's a big issue for you I would stick with the charger you already have.
0 Likes