Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing service provider software version (CSC S21U)

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 11:55 AM)
uk786
Explorer
Options
How can this be done? I'd like the stock UK one (multi csc I believe?) as currently it's showing as VOD/VOD EUX etc.

Will my data be wiped? Is it ​really worth changing and going through the hassle?

Just to add, I did initially flash the latest stock BTU firmware (all 4 files including CSC not home CSC), yet was still met with the carrier apps 🙁

29 REPLIES 29
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Nope, I am referring to my personal knowledge in the rooting and modding community, the first headaches about changing csc to unbrand without rooting started with the s6 back in 2015 since then it has started to be more difficult to completely change the CSC with the software in the way where you are not picking from the available csc inside your original software but completely changing the csc with even one which was not included in your firmware and have it align perfectly

Archer
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

mate let me give you an advice and it is a precious one, just do not do stuff for the sake of it or if you do not really need to or you do not know precisely what you are doing. Disable the bloat if it is an issue for you with adb or do not touch anything if you want to fully unbrand your device.

Regarding to samkey yes you can change the csc by picking one amongst the available for your specific phone, I am a bit of a purist when it comes to modding stuff so I do not like the fact of not flashing fully to swap a CSC. Samkey should work, however note that if it does not work there are 2 cases: it did not work and nothing happened (fine) it did work or did not work and completely disalligned the csc. If the csc disallignes you will start having troubles with receving updates or for example using sim of other operators (if you wanted to unbrand to use another operator) because now you have a mix of CSCs. And when a CSC gets disalligned it is a mess and requires a lot of trial and error to try to allign it back with various flashes.

I told you all you needed to know in my replies above and this one. From now on you have the basic info to choose what to do, evaluate carefully pros and cons.

Bye :winking-face:

Archer
uk786
Explorer
Options
Thanks. The thing is is this has always worked on my previous Samsung devices but now it seems to be a new restraint on the S21 range. I have uninstalled all carrier stuff no problem without any adb etc. My issue is being able to change the service provider software version to BTU and have it not be VOD..

Thanks!
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Go to that link for Samkey that is quoted in your last Reddit link and try and use any of the 3 worldwide phone model codes for the global Exynos model that is available in the U.K....

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

All are showing, "Not supported". 

Please post a screenshot of the G99*B models being accepted by Samkey.

That Reddit post is a Copy/Paste from the S20.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
uk786
Explorer
Options
That's for unlocking. Downloading the program etc works and from there is where you choose it as mentioned in that Reddit post. Op there managed to do it fine as well as other people
0 Likes
Benzter
Apprentice
Options

Very rude bro. Why are you giving advice on Samsungs behalf. My opinion man, we can do what you want to your expensive phone you buy. Yes if it goes wrong everybody knows its your own fault. No need to reqoute common sense. lol I already gave the correct anwser and yes im not afraid of Samsungs warranty.

Benzter
Apprentice
Options

Sorry man,  once you update to Andriod 11 you can no longer change CSC through software. You would have to use Samkey and flash the right firmware, Downgrade your phone to Andriod 10, or just get a sim from the country you want the firmware from and insert in in the phone. It will reboot and factory reset. If you were on Andriod 10 you can change it without factory reset. Im guessing that was the problem and Samsung and Google patched it. Thats why the first thing I do is deny all software updates. Since the S21 came with Andriod 11 thats the only way right now. or root it. Its perfectly legal to  root your phone in the US. I dont know about the UK. Good Luck

uk786
Explorer
Options
Yeah, thanks what I ended up doing is going the samkey route and changing the CSU to BTU there
Benzter
Apprentice
Options

No problem man. Glad it worked.

0 Likes
jonni5
Pioneer
Options

How much did it cost ? how do i do it 

0 Likes