Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign out of samsung account or hard reset phone just re boots

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 08:49 PM)
sam1993
First Poster
Options
Hi any help would be appreciated I recently bought a second hand s21 ultra and the previous owner is log in to the Samsung account I lost number of person so can't contact them but I can't sign in as the email to verify is there's I tried doing a hard reset with the up volume and power button but the phone just re boots back on and does not go into recovery mode 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you trying to reset from the main settings menu / factory data reset?

If you enter the Recovery Mode you can also perform a reset from there.

There are videos on YouTube for this.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To enter Recovery Mode now you need to:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.

There are a Number of options such as wipe Data/Factory Reset,Wipe cache partition, Reboot System now and Repair Apps.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
sam1993
First Poster
Options
I'll give that a try now thanks
0 Likes
sam1993
First Poster
Options
Tried it didn't work just turned on
0 Likes
sam1993
First Poster
Options
I can't get into recovery mode for some reason it just keeps turning on
0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Press the volume button and press the switch on the button together. This should bring to the factory reset screen. From here, choose what you can do
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think the OP is stuck on Reactivation Lock.

Simple answer you need the account password to unlink that account.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Bogmore
First Poster
Options

And the none simple answer?

0 Likes