Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth audio doesn't work on some devices

(Topic created on: 26-07-2024 09:41 AM)
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 
I'm experiencing some issues using Bluetooth audio devices on S21FE (Android 14, One UI 6.1).
Audio doesn't work on both running headphones and on the car. The devices connect correctly and I'm able to change the volume settings but there's no sound whatsoever. 
I tried the running headphones on a couple of other smartphones and they work fine. Wasn't able to test the car yet. 
On the other end, some other devices like a pair of over-ear headphones work flawlessly. 

Back in the day, you could go to apps > show system apps > Bluetooth> clean cache but that option is now greyed out. 
I tried the "Reset wifi and Bluetooth settings" option a couple of times but it changes nothing (and it's inconvenient tbh).

Do you have a solution for this issue? 

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Thank you. 

Volume was already all the way up.
My co-worker helped me find the solution: 
My running headphones and car use SBC as Bluetooth Audio Codec and those devices didn't work.
The over-ear headphones use AAC, which is a different codec and that device did work. 

The solution was to go to settings > software info > press on build number multiple times > once you become a developer go to developer setting > enable "Disable A2DP Hardware Offload" option. 

I'm unsure if it's a hardware issue with my phone, which worked fine for a couple of years now, or if it's a software bug. 

Thank you!

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, and welcome to the community

Swipe down once from the top of the screen into the Quick panel and tap media output. Select the device you want to hear sound from and also ensure the volume slider is turned up as necessary.1721983616333_1721983616325_0.jpg1721983817924_1721983817918_0.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Thank you. 

Volume was already all the way up.
My co-worker helped me find the solution: 
My running headphones and car use SBC as Bluetooth Audio Codec and those devices didn't work.
The over-ear headphones use AAC, which is a different codec and that device did work. 

The solution was to go to settings > software info > press on build number multiple times > once you become a developer go to developer setting > enable "Disable A2DP Hardware Offload" option. 

I'm unsure if it's a hardware issue with my phone, which worked fine for a couple of years now, or if it's a software bug. 

Thank you!

temillionaire
Explorer
Options
Did you update your software recently? If yes then it's a bug because I'm experiencing similar issues since I updated my phone earlier this week
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I always keep the phone updated. I hope this gets fixed in the next version. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.

Could you pull down from the notifications panel > media output and see if you can select your device from there.

You could also try. Resetting your SETTINGS only under phone Reset.1721988904183.jpg
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Hi! Thank you for the feedback!
I tried it but it wasn't the solution I was looking for.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey, glad you got it sorted and a very interesting solution. Worth making a note of for future troubleshooting. May I ask, is this mainly connected to 3rd party accessories?
0 Likes
LDPNoodle
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 
I personally think that this is more of a phone issue/software bug, it's not really "fault" of the 3rd party accessory. 
The issue reflects on 3rd party accessories tho, since most of them support the SBC Bluetooth codec.
I hope it helps!