Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUB8 update for Global S21/S21 Plus, bugfix/camera update

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 03:03 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This latest update is the 6th for the Global, Exynos, S21 & S21+ and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

It would appear that this is a bugfix for the previous release, AUB6, as well as a camera update.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...
  • S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
This latest release replaces the G99*BXXU1AUB6 February build. No news on whether this will also apply to the Ultra model at the moment. 

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first. (U.K. = BTU)

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you

The update = G99*BXXU1AUB8

Download = 216.99 MB

Build date = 11 February 2021

Release date = 17 February 2021

Camera version = TBA

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = February 2021

This is the 6th stable update in 21 days

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
32 REPLIES 32
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I think you may be getting confused @adamlee

This thread is about the AUB8 release for the S21 5G, G991B, and the S21+, G996B.

Your screenshot shows the firmware releases for the S21 Ultra, G998B, which, in the U.K; is currently on AUB6

AUB8 release for the S21 5G in U.K.

AUB8 g991b.PNG

AUB8 release for the S21+ in U.K.

AUB8 g996b.PNG

Hope that helps. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
yes i was thinking of the ultra.. AUB9 has been released in Ireland now so it's not just middle East and Asia.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, since my post yesterday, a lot more countries have been added to the S21 Ultra's roll-out. So definitely a global update.

skyline91
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone else with S21, new update and 4g turned on have battery drain?

0 Likes
Pawel08
Pioneer
Options

I get this update yesterday and battery is draining really fast. Before update it wasnt good as should be but now is tragic.

0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
you was right
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

This update is now available in the UK for the S21 Ultra bought unlocked (BTU) and also EE (EVR).

@ironass  Just a little correction to your post but not a major deal; updates are not always available for the unlocked versions first. It can happen that carrier versions get the update before the unlocked ones although not common it does happen.

Also you might want to update the wording 'devices that will receive this update are...' to say something like 'devices currently receiving the update' as this can be a little confusing to some since it sounds like these are the only devices that will receive the update. I do realise you mentioned the S21 Ultra below but it's also a given that this device would receive the update at some point.

This is not an attack on your post just a little tip to help make it clearer.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I think you are talking about semantics.

Bear in mind that this forum is a multi national forum.

Before becoming available to the stock Samsung BTU firmware and then the EE carrier branded firmware, EVR, the S21 Ultra update, which this thread is not about, was in fact rolled globally out yesterday, to  non-carrier branded firmwares first. I know of no carrier branded firmware release for the S21 series being rolled out before stock, unbranded Samsung firmware, do you? 

In fact, the carrier branded phones for EE, CSC code EVR, did not receive the AUB3 or AUB6 releases that the non carrier branded, stock Samsung models, have had.

The AUB8 update in my original post has only been received by the devices that I  mention in that post post, the S21 5G and the S21+. Therefore, to have stated, "currently", might indicate that other devices such as the S21 Ultra may receive it, which is clearly not the case as the S21 Ultra is receiving AUB9, as you know.

I hope that this explains my reasoning.

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

It doesn't matter that it haven't happened yet as it have in the past. The point I was making is your post kind of sounded like a definite situation which it's not. Also regarding the update ending with B9 or B8 it's essentially the same update with the same changelog and fixes so the number in the end is irrelevant.

I'm just pointing out that the way your post is structured is presuming a condition that is not necessarily accurate. Structuring more clearly is never a bad thing and will help in preventing confusion.

I've been a Galaxy user since the 1st while frequenting plenty of forums during this time trying to help where I can. As a result I've experienced situations in which a post can cause a bit of confusion only because of a slight variation in wording. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

"It doesn't matter that it haven't happened yet as it have in the past. The point I was making is your post kind of sounded like a definite situation which it's not."

It was and is a definite situation in that AUB8 was not showing on Samsung's servers for the S21 Ultra but only for the S21 5G and S21+. I even went to the trouble of identifying the models that would receive that update, G99*BXXU1AUB8, so that users would know what to look for on the relevant devices. I also pointed out in my post that, "No news on whether this will also apply to the Ultra model at the moment. ", which, as it turned out, did not. 

In updates for the S21 series so far, the same update applies to all 3 models at the same time. In this case, I was at pains to point out, both in the thread title and the body of the text, precisely which devices were eligible for the AUB8 update to avoid confusion.

"Also regarding the update ending with B9 or B8 it's essentially the same update with the same changelog and fixes so the number in the end is irrelevant."

The number at the end denotes the build number for a particular  device for that month and is used by everyone, including Samsung, to differentiate the different builds. In this case, Samsung chose not to release the AUB8 build for the S21 Ultra and moved on to the AUB9 build instead. The AUB8 build for the S21 5G and S21+ is dated 11th Feb: 2021, whilst the S21 Ultra build, AUB9, is dated 15th Feb: 2021. Some 4 days later. Therefore, it would have been even more confusing to allude to the S21 Ultra possibly receiving build AUB8. Do you not agree?

"I'm just pointing out that the way your post is structured is presuming a condition that is not necessarily accurate. Structuring more clearly is never a bad thing and will help in preventing confusion."

The condition is in fact accurate is it not?

I also post on other forums, such as Android Forums and Android Central, with identical posts and you are the first person in over a decade and 100 of thousands of views, that seems to have a problem with the clarity of my posts. 

The bottom line is that the AUB8 release was for the devices that I mentioned in the thread title and the AUB9 release is for the S21 Ultra. I cannot see why anyone could be confused by that.

0 Likes