Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on a new phone

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 11:51 PM)
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
When I bought my new galaxy s21 phone it came with some apps from a Greek phone operator. I thought it was weird and uninstalled them. Today I went into Samsung health app and in notices found messages in greek again. Any idea what it's about and why they could be there? I'm in the UK, and bought the phone from a store.
Thanks, I hope someone can help 
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Is it the S21, S21+ or S21 Ultra? If its the Ultra, it should have a screen protector fitted underneath the screen plastic cover.
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Actually, another thing I was wondering about if there's anything to worry about regarding security, in case they want me to keep the phone. I haven't been able to speak to them yet. I mean how can I be sure that there isn't a virus or anything on there too?
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
It's just S21 but it has a clear plastic film on the screen that I barely noticed as it fits perfectly like a screen protector so I don't know 🤷‍♀️
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
tell them you want a new device,what they have done is breaking trading standards.
you should demand a new phone and don't accept anything less.
also I would ask to speak to complaints department about this issue.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
and yes you are absolutely right,you do not know what has been put on the phone.
it's pretty shocking from carphone warehouse but I'm not completely surprised they are getting a bit of a reputation.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
this is what that health data translates to,so it's definitely a used phone

Screenshot_20210219-142800_Google.jpg

DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Ok, so I should return this one. It's a pain having to sort it all out 🙄
Appreciate all the replies, very helpful, thank you! 😊
0 Likes