Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on a new phone

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 11:51 PM)
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
When I bought my new galaxy s21 phone it came with some apps from a Greek phone operator. I thought it was weird and uninstalled them. Today I went into Samsung health app and in notices found messages in greek again. Any idea what it's about and why they could be there? I'm in the UK, and bought the phone from a store.
Thanks, I hope someone can help 
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

It does sound like that and whoever had it at carphone warehouse hasn't done a full factory reset, hence why there is still data on there.

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah I'd also be concerned that they have sold it to DainaB as a NEW phone.
DainaB can you confirm you bought this as a new phone and how much did you pay for it?
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
The messages

Screenshot_20210218-231137_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Yes, bought as a new phone with a contract
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Pretty sure that it did have plastic on the back and the camera and there's plastic on the front which I still haven't taken off as it fits perfectly as a screen protector..now I'm thinking maybe it actually is? I had seen a few unboxing videos on YouTube and expected to have a different screen cover so that was the only thing I found a bit strange at first
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
ok I think you need to contact carphone warehouse.id explain to them firmly but not aggressively "that they have given you a clearly second hand device.you could contact trading standards as they have advertised it as a new device".
if you play your cards right you could get some freebies out of it or at the very least money off.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I think they have just repackaged it and sold it on again
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Sounds like it, doesn't it..
0 Likes
DainaB
Apprentice
Options
Yes, true they shouldn't sell used or refurbished as new. I mean I should still be allowed to return it as it hasn't been 14 days yet. Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it 😊
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
no worries 👍
0 Likes