Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 problems

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 03:06 AM)
Android 12 problems
First Poster
Options

After updating to Android 12, some features are not working properly. For instance, my music widget is not working on my lock screen. My fingerprint is not working. My battery drains faster and my phone freezes. Anybody else have problems like this. I tried to contact samsung but the wait is ridiculous. 

11 REPLIES 11
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you wipe your device's cache partition and use Fix Apps after updating?

See...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy-ap...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Android 12 problems 

Try deleting your current fingerprints and reset them back up again.

Sometimes if clearing your phones system cache files does not help then a back up and then factory reset may.

There is a feedback section in your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

sharon0211
Explorer
Options
Hi. I have tried both of these but unfortunately still having problems with both Facebook and Instagram. The apps themselves work, but cannot open any links within them. Frustrating when it's things like local news.....
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Neither of those apps are fully compatible with Android 12 or 11 for that matter. If you read the reviews on Google Play you will see what I mean. There's not a lot you can do other than wait for them to update.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Pugs1957 

Indeed Pugs1957. Despite receiving a Developers Preview of Android 12 earlier in the year, a lot of apps and games on the Play Store have not been fully updated by their developers to be compatible with Android 12. In fact, I had to remove 2 apps when I switched to Android 12 because they were causing issues with battery life, closures and lagging.

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
We wouldn't have half of the post we get if people realised this but it's always Samsung's fault. I despair on times.
AndrewL
Options

@Android 12 problems: Regarding your music widget, can you try heading to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets > Music, and make sure that this option is toggled on. For your battery issues, try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery (On) > Enhanced Processing (Off). Go back, and tap on the battery usage graph. Check the list at the bottom of the screen for any apps that are using an abnormal amount of battery, tap on them, and select 'Limit Usage' at the bottom of the screen to place them into Sleeping or Deep Sleeping Apps, to limit their background usage. 

sharon0211
Explorer
Options
It would have been helpful though if Samsung warned people that apps that most people use on a daily basis, may not work after the update. Not everyone is tech savvy and wouldn't expect an update that wasn't compatible with such worldwide common apps.....
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@sharon0211 

Surely that should be down to the app developers who have had 9 months warning, to update their apps to be compatible to Android 12... not Samsung's.