Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads in apps

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 06:43 PM)
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
I don't understand why is Samsung pushing their advertisement into more and more native apps
Weather app recently got an update and now is full with full screen adverts
I just don't understand...you pay £1500 for s phone...build in adverts is the last thing you want

If the weather channel is charging you to the point you need to turn your weather app into a non stop adverts app... change supplier to a free one

Otherwise don't charge us loads for fed-forced feeding adverts
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
KholaI
Options

Hey @London2tim 

You can switch off the adverts by heading into the app > 3 lines on the top left > Settings > Ads Privacy Settings > Switch off the 'Personalised ads, ad measurement, audience insights and product development' > Tap 'Confirm My Choices'.

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
That just turns off personalising the ads...it doesn't turns off ads fully
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
There's no such option...I have the option to turn off personalised adverts but not all adverts in general
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @London2tim 

Is it The Weather Channel App that your seeing these adverts in ?

That's the one that came with my phone which I have in my edge panel.

I'm asking because I'm not seeing adverts in mine 

I'm on version 1.6.30.66 looking at the Weather App in my apps listing.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
Not the weather channel but the Samsung built-in weather app...there was an update to it a few days ago
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi London2tim,
As BandOfBrothers mentioned, even my app is not showing any ads and my app is up-to-date. Attaching screenshots.Screenshot_20210803-113117_Weather.jpgScreenshot_20210803-113059_Weather_53077.jpg
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
Well mine doesScreenshot_20210803-113704_Weather_17847.jpgScreenshot_20210803-113711_Weather.jpg
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
That is strange. Even i have the options about ads but no adds are shownScreenshot_20210803-114246_Weather_53080.jpg
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

enjoy it while it lasts - mine dont show up every single time i open the app - but they show up more and more lately -eg: first it was once in the morning, now is like 3-4 times a day

anyway is just rubbish - i pay for ad free weather channel app - but now am forced to have ads on the samsung app - i just wish they give us the option to fully uninstall it and get over with it 

seriously - samsung is the next XIAOMI - with ads everywhere - next they will probably insert ads after you exit an app EURGH!!!

0 Likes