Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1x zoom on the s21 ultra a bit blurry?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 12:24 AM)
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
So this issue has been there from the start, I haven't done anything about it as its not a huge issue but does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it? All the other zooms are fine (0.6x, 3x,10x etc)
10 REPLIES 10
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
hey, could it possibly be that your 1x lens is a bit dirty or maybe an issue with that?
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
No problems with the lens being dirty, it was like that from the beginning, had this phone 2 years
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The 1 X zoom has a natural bokeh due to its F stop.

If that's not the case you might have a faulty camera.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Ah OK just googled bokeh and yeah that's what it looks like! Anyway of getting rid of this effect? Ruins some of the pictures
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Shouldn't affect that much unless you have lots of distance between the subject and background.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Well it does seem to focus up better when I give it a little jolt when camera is on.. don't know if that's faulty or meant to be like that lol
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
I have an S21 Ultra as a second phone @Scoobs222 and it has had this problem for the last year or so. I have a workaround in photo and video mode in that I select the 10x lens first and then drop to the 3x lens before dropping to the 1x lens which will now be in focus. A pain but it works for me. Only the 1x lens is affected by this issue. Sadly a complete replacement camera module is the only way to permanently fix the issue. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.
usgco
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem, and it has been like this since I purchased it two years ago.
As the phone is now out of warranty I'm pretty sure that Samsung not going to fix it, so I guess I'll just have to buy an iPhone next time.

What a shame that Samsung is sending a higher-end phone on the market with a faulty camera.

I'm done with Samsung, and we'll go for a better product like the iPhone next time.

Bye Bye Samsung

Naveen nscript
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue , the issue is that the focus system is stuck I guess 

I give some taps in the top and some hard shakes  , and it will temporarily work , check if this hack works for you