Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Camera Blurs When I Zoom In More Than 2x

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 06:09 PM)
HamzSh
First Poster
Options

Hello

Whenever I try to zoom in using the main camera app and hit 2x mark or more, the camera loses focus and goes full blurry mode. The issue started to happen in the past couple of days.

I tried to:

• Reboot the phone
  • Boot the phone in safe mode
  • Clear cache and data of the app

All the above yielded no good results. I tried another camera apps and they worked just fine.

The issue disappears while using pro mode, but comes back when I switch back to normal mode.

Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. 

Attached are some photos to help explain the issue.

Screenshot_20240119-112214_Camera.png

Screenshot_20240119-112224_Camera.png

Screenshot_20240119-112228_Camera.png

Screenshot_20240119-112233_Camera.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
jack5253
First Poster
Options

Given that alternative camera apps work fine, it suggests that the problem lies within the main camera app itself. One potential solution could be to update the camera app to the latest version, as software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that may address issues like this. Additionally, you may consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support or visiting a service center for further assistance, as they may be able to provide more specialized troubleshooting or offer a repair if necessary. 

In the meantime, continue using the pro mode or alternative camera apps as a workaround until the issue is resolved. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask. 

Pittythings is a dynamic platform offering diverse content on lifestyle, fashion, beauty, travel, entertainment, and technology. With informative articles and engaging topics, it caters to a broad audience seeking insights and inspiration across various aspects of daily life and interests

0 Likes
HamzSh
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the reply.

I narrowed down the problem to be related to the telephoto camera (second back camera) which automatically engages at 2x zoom. It's weird that this issue took place on its own without any change in software whatsoever + no physical nor liquid damage was received, the phone is supposedly water proof anyway but I have trust issues with tech.

The issue happens 99% of the time where the telephoto just can't focus, pro mode and 3rd party cam apps use only the first camera hence they work without issues. The quality of the telephoto camera is kinda better when zooming in, it's frustrating that it decided not to work anymore.

I hope it fixes itself at some point. Could it be that somebody somewhere pulled the plug and wants me to get a new phone? Lol, cause repairing this could cost me the price of a new phone.

Can I rollback the camera software to any version of the past just for testing?

0 Likes
jack5253
First Poster
Options

I've isolated the issue to be related to the telephoto camera, which typically engages at 2x zoom. It's puzzling that this problem arose suddenly without any software updates or physical damage to the phone, especially considering its supposed waterproof capabilities. The problem occurs almost consistently, with the telephoto camera struggling to focus, while the primary camera and third-party camera apps function normally. Despite its superior quality when zooming in, it's frustrating that the telephoto camera has ceased to function. I'm hopeful that the issue resolves itself eventually, but I'm concerned about the potential cost of repairs, which could be equivalent to buying a new phone. Is there a way to revert the camera software to a previous version for troubleshooting purposes?

0 Likes