Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1x zoom on the s21 ultra a bit blurry?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 12:24 AM)
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
So this issue has been there from the start, I haven't done anything about it as its not a huge issue but does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it? All the other zooms are fine (0.6x, 3x,10x etc)
9 REPLIES 9
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
hey, could it possibly be that your 1x lens is a bit dirty or maybe an issue with that?
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
No problems with the lens being dirty, it was like that from the beginning, had this phone 2 years
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The 1 X zoom has a natural bokeh due to its F stop.

If that's not the case you might have a faulty camera.
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Ah OK just googled bokeh and yeah that's what it looks like! Anyway of getting rid of this effect? Ruins some of the pictures
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Shouldn't affect that much unless you have lots of distance between the subject and background.
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Well it does seem to focus up better when I give it a little jolt when camera is on.. don't know if that's faulty or meant to be like that lol
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
I have an S21 Ultra as a second phone @Scoobs222 and it has had this problem for the last year or so. I have a workaround in photo and video mode in that I select the 10x lens first and then drop to the 3x lens before dropping to the 1x lens which will now be in focus. A pain but it works for me. Only the 1x lens is affected by this issue. Sadly a complete replacement camera module is the only way to permanently fix the issue. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.
usgco
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem, and it has been like this since I purchased it two years ago.
As the phone is now out of warranty I'm pretty sure that Samsung not going to fix it, so I guess I'll just have to buy an iPhone next time.

What a shame that Samsung is sending a higher-end phone on the market with a faulty camera.

I'm done with Samsung, and we'll go for a better product like the iPhone next time.

Bye Bye Samsung

Naveen nscript
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue , the issue is that the focus system is stuck I guess 

I give some taps in the top and some hard shakes  , and it will temporarily work , check if this hack works for you