cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 24-11-2017 10:59 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nulisaza wrote:

Hi I'm nulisaza. I would like to ask for advice, the best type of Samsung smartphone in 2020?

Hi @Nulisaza  Welcome to the Community!  :smiling-face: this depends to an extent on your preference, needs and budget.  For instance are you looking for a  premium (flagship) device or  a mid range one.   Though my instinct is that you are looking for one of the better phones, would say to  look at the  S20 and the S10 range  (S20 newest device, though I am quite happy with the S10).  If interested in the Note series which is pen computing it is thought the S20 Note range  will be available in a few months, whilst the S10 Note devices are currently available.

See some reviews here: https://www.t3.com/features/best-samsung-phone   Pros and cons of Note 10 Plus   Have answered here but generally not the best thread for detailed advice which would be  a dedicated thread in lounge or Smartphone section.  However do not expect new members to know all the ins and outs.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@zport  welcome to the community,  you can say as much as you like :smiling-face:     People will have different interests on here, some being more Smartphone fans and others TV/AV .   Anyway glad you are happy with some of the Samsung Products.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

zport
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, JAMES4578!
I have already dropped a post to our community here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/DVD-Player-1080P9-stopped-playing-discs-from-differe...
Fingers crossed that someone can raise a hand and say something!
; )
MJ0
First Poster
Options

What is the purpose of the Introduction>>

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MJ0 wrote:

What is the purpose of the Introduction>>

Hi @MJ0  To tell us about a bit about yourself  and  interests if you wish 😉  

adrian2325
Explorer
Options

Hi my  name is Adrian and I'm a unsatisfied customer with Samsungs watch and how they do not allow all workouts provided in the health app to be used on the watch. There is a big community within these threads asking for a solution! Samsung please stop ignoring us, its been going on year and after year.  Do something about it, iPhone and watch have defeated you in this category and that is sad

0 Likes
David0119
First Poster
Options

Nice to meet all@ I'm David and trying to help my dad out. He purchased a samsung QN75Q7FAMFXZA about a year ago. The TV set in a box for five months while we were building house and went to reconnect to one connect box. I get TV to come on but saying connection from box to tv doesn't exist. I purchased a refurbished bn96-44627A one connect box and same thing. Bought new one connect cord and same thing. Please help. Local TV repair companies when I mention one connect say" what" and have no clue.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @David0119 , Welcome to The Community!

Just checking you followed the  procedure as described   on page 10-11 of manual  Q7F Manual   in particular:

When connecting the Invisible Connection, use a Bending Cover to prevent the cable of the Invisible Connection from being bent at a 90 degree angle. Failure to do so may cause damage to the cable.When connecting the Invisible Connection, pay attention to the shapes of its connectors so that they are connected correctly. Failure to do so may cause product malfunction.After connecting the Invisible Connection, wind the remaining cable around the Invisible Connection tube. Just winding or leaving the remaining cable as it is may cause damage to the cable.When connecting the Invisible Connection, be careful not to twist the cable of the Invisible Connection. Failure to do so may cause performance degradation to the TV or damage to the cable.   

However I take it this was connected originally and worked ok.

If not issue you could try disconnecting cable and powering off TV for 5 minutes before trying again,  see other information in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/one-connect-box-error 

You may though need to contact Samsung support on this :  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
Unichrone
First Poster
Options

Nice introduction portal.

I work with Unichrone as a Professional Training Content Writer. We provide training solutions to many corporate aspirants all around the world.

Nemosam
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Samsung user for phones and tv.  Have a ue49mu6470 with xbox one, bt tv youview and sony dav dz260 home theatre.  Recently added sony ht-sf200 soundbar, but now tv turning on randomly.  Any advice appreciated.  Tried turning off cec etc but still randomly switching on

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes