Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Feedback

(Topic created on: 06-07-2018 10:49 AM)
LeeS
Pioneer
Options

Hi there,

Here at Samsung we are always very keen to get your feedback on anything you feel will help to improve our products and services. The Community is no exception.

In fact, given that the Community was designed to be driven by its users, it would be a little remiss if we didn’t look to feed your ideas directly into the Communities future development. 

I look forward to reading your comments and to working with you on shaping our Samsung Community.

Lee

84 REPLIES 84
AntS
Options
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @AntS

I'm not sure if this has ever been the case. 

Personally I'm not always after the newest firmware i.e. Nougat to Oreo as my phone is very stable. 

I apprecaite Samsung will want as many devices as possible on the newest firmwares but for me Security Patches hold more importance. 

So my feedback is would it ever be viable to be able to update my Security Patches on my phone separately away from firmware updates. 

Thats the more control over my phone that I would want.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers.

You should be able to check for and install any security updates separately to firmware updates on your S8.

Settings > Lock Screen and security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Updates. It'll bring up this screen:

Security Policy.JPG

Unless you're meaning something different to these? :unsure:

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ah so this avenue allows me to update my Security Patch which is currently on December 2017 to the newest one once its available @AntS ?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Update. 

My phone was sent the Oreo Firmware update. 

So I navigated to the settings section you mentioned @AntS

All up to date. 

Waited then tried again the next day with the same result. 

Updated to Oreo and my Security Patch has now updated to Feb 18. 

0 Likes
M33hul
First Poster
Options
Hi. I bought my S9+ 2 weeks ago and I'm having issues my calls going silent 10-15 seconds. This happens if I receive a call or make a call. I've read some of the comments by other with the same problem but I noticed there's no solution. What shall I do? I'm still within my 28 days.
0 Likes
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @M33hul,

There's an active thread referring to this on our Galaxy S9 | S9+ board. We'd recommend having a read here for further info. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just to report that the last few days the captcha has been back (not sure if anyone else has mentioned it) , we did have it a while ago but then seemed to disappear again. Know some sites do use it though. Today I was also informed I needed security code when logging in here but no space to input, anyway after a few attempts I got in fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

@JAMES4578: Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the "click the pics until there are none left" type captcha. I've not encountered the security code bit myself yet. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS,  well the picture captcha can some times be annoying :smiling-face:    Have not had security code come up again,

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes