Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp voice messages are not recording

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Gehad
Pioneer
Options
I'm having issues with WhatsApp voice messages sometimes are not recording anything, it shows as flat dots with nothing in the messages, although I've recorded a voice message. 

It's very annoying as I would only find out once I've finished recording the message when it shows as flat dots with nothing have been recorded at all. I've restarted the phone many times and updated phone, ad well as WhatsApp. The issue is getting worse!! This issue extends to videos not playing on WhatsApp at times too! 
72 REPLIES 72
Gehad
Pioneer
Options
This is the number to call them: 03330000333
0 Likes
Gehad
Pioneer
Options
And this is how I reported the issue here:

Samsung Members > Support > Send feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or, for a shortcut: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.

Further guidance on how to send error reports here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re...
0 Likes
rel87
First Poster
Options

I fixed it by disabling Bixby voice assistant, but of course, I lost BIxby.

Hope Samsung fixes it. In the meantime, Google Assistant works well with WhatsApp (but does not make sound when you summon it, that's why I used Bixby so I can locate the phone).

0 Likes
rel87
First Poster
Options

(forgot to mention, my phone is an A54)

0 Likes
Gehad
Pioneer
Options
I had Bixby off but it never got fixed. I have the same phone. I still have the issue with my videos not playing as well. Samsung never fixed that!!
0 Likes
Hruzen
Journeyman
Options

A54 5G here facing the same problem.

Hruzen
Journeyman
Options

Probably the phone is facing the problem, as I tried all different messaging apps to send voice message and all of them are not working, for a while it works. I issue might be with bixby or other voice assistant that keeps listening for their wake up phase, this might block the mic for being used by the apps. ( I'm not sure but I feel that's how it works )

Gehad
Pioneer
Options
It's unfortunate we all are experiencing these issues, and mostly happening to the same phone A54 5G. I'm still having the issue with videos not playing at times. I have to close the app many times for the videos to play!
0 Likes
Gehad
Pioneer
Options
Makes sense and thanks for sharing this!
0 Likes
Ihtisham ul haq
Apprentice
Options

I have the same Problem with Samsung A54