Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp mic problem after one ui 5 update

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 09:48 PM)
mra6
Journeyman
Options

I have Samsung A71 and updated with OneUI 5.0 Android 13.

WhatsApp call mic problem is seen where other person is not able to hear clearly. There is an issue with Duo calls as well.

13 REPLIES 13
Members_lmaCFgx
Student
Options

I have the same issue as well ... any updates for a fix ?

mra6
Journeyman
Options

Hello @Members_lmaCFgx 

Yes. It got fixed. I had raised WhatsApp support case.

It was found that the listening service, in my case Bixby was on and the Voice Feedback was set as Always. This settings causes problem during whatsApp call mic.

Check if it is the same issue for you. 

Goto Settings -- Search Bixby -- Bixby Settings -- Voice feedback. And set it to "only with the wake up phrase".

In short make sure that it is NOT set to Always.

0 Likes
rksanupam
Student
Options

I'm also facing same issue after update of android 13, all app which uses internet based calling have same issues in my Samsung F62

rksanupam
Student
Options

I tried this as well but it's not working, also I cleared cache but that didn't worked too

crossi704
Student
Options

Same issue here after upgrading my M53 to OneUi 5. Any fixes, Samsung?

0 Likes
Vignesh242
First Poster
Options

I have also facing sam mice issue after one UI 5 update. No response from samsung

0 Likes
Herkster
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy A13, after ui5 update Whatsapp mic is not working. No one can hear me. How can I fix this problem?

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Herkster , have you tried switching off the phone to see if this helps with the app? If you have, let's check for app updates by going into the WhatsApp app > 3 dots in the top right-hand corner > Settings > Help > App info. 

0 Likes
Karan S
Student
Options

I am facing the same issue after android 14 upgrade..mic is not working for whatsapp and google duo...I have checked the permissions and restarted my mobile too..@samsung team please fix this issue. I am using m53

0 Likes