Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whataspp call with google assistant

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 11:05 AM)
Niten10
Journeyman
Options
Hi
My WhatsApp call is not working with google assistance is there anyway I can fix it. Also my KFC app keep crashing. 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah you can, you contact whatsapp support and follow their advice

With kfc, you contact kfc support and follow their instructions, I believe you can't also reach them on twitter
0 Likes
Niten10
Journeyman
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Niten10
Journeyman
Options
But i am only facing this problem after software upgrade.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes I see that, it maybe a software compatability issue, we arent aware of. Two third party apps not working together really should escalated to them
same with KFC crashing it may completely be compatability with latest update, but only KFC can fix their app

Have you made sure you have latest version of these apps? And cleared app and phone cache?

I love kfc too 😁
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Niten10  It is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates  by following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

However may be due to incompatibility issues and if this has already been completed or does not fix it, best to contact the companies concerned .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
apshep
Explorer
Options
Same isssue.....over the last week or so my galaxy S22+, my wife's S22 and daughters S20+ have all had the same problem where Google assistant is not able to send voice triggered WhatsApp messages saying "I'm not seeing a WhatsApp number for that contact". All 3 devices get the same 'error'. This happens with assistant in Android Auto as well as assistant when using the device only.
I have cleared the cache on both assistant and WhatsApp, uninstalled and reinstalled both, synced the contacts in WhatsApp etc.
my phone contacts list clearly shows the WhatsApp number for eack of the relavnt contacts therefore I assume it's an assistant issue.
Has anyone resolved this?
0 Likes
Niten10
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the support
Niten10
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the info
Igor_71
First Poster
Options

Try this, it worked for me on S24, location of the menu might be different

From Contact click on the triple line on the left. 
Select Contact Settings
Ignore the first show 3rd party options. Below this should be the About Contact. 
Select About Contacts
Click on the word Contacts should give you a note x step from before entering hidden options.
Once you click 9 times you should be in 3rd party accounts visibility. 

Enable the appropriate app. 
0 Likes