Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 07:02 AM)
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

It’s already on your Galaxy smartphone and managing a number of your apps. It’s time that we all get better acquainted with the Galaxy Store (the artist formally known as Galaxy Apps).

Why use the Galaxy Store?

When you get to the Galaxy Store you will find apps that are specifically designed and tested for a Galaxy smartphone (rather than apps developed for any phone in the android ecosystem). This means that these apps can use more of the innovative tech that is unique to your phone, wearable or ecosystem like the infinity screen’s edge panels, the array of sensors available and the S Pen (and many more).

You can check out apps ‘Made for Samsung’ by people like Amazon Kindle (my fav), Booking.com and Yelp (and so many more) and the community of Samsung developers who are publishing the apps of tomorrow.

There are also some great partnerships that bring unique content and experiences (like Fortnite).

Optimising your experience

Health, Pay, Wearable, SmartThings, Members and core apps are all being supported by Galaxy Store who support their updates.

Do make sure that you pop in from time to time, if only to make sure you are on the latest update for the applications so that you have the best experience. In an ever changing environment, making sure you are on the latest version of software and apps is important for stability and performance. In the same way as the Google Play Store, some updates require an active consent, not automatic, usually when the permissions change. To do this, head to: Galaxy Store > 3 dot menu (top right) > My page > Update > Update all (On OneUI PIE on my S9)

12 REPLIES 12
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I found in the Galaxy App Store a vendor/scammer selling cloned apps.

I have proof.   Where do I send the documentation?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@mitopa: Thank you for flagging this. Can you send your feedback to Applicationstore@samsung.com
AntS
Options
0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@AntS wrote:

@mitopa , I've sent you a PM. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

most certainly.

I have prepared a dossie. 

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I have a question.  This fraudster is located in Brazil.    Aren't apps available only in the country where they're published?

can you see his apps?

thanks!

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

I'm back.

The vendor/fraudster/scammer's name is Alex Mendonca.

here's one example.

name of the original package/app: com.alphabetlabs.deviceinfo
name of the clone package/app: com.nexnil.hardwareinfo

I will post  more examples later.

apk analysis from virustotal 

There's like a few dozen apps like this one, all cloned.

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

Another example.

name of the original package/app: com.baboon_antivirus
name of the clone package/app: com.nexnil.notesecuriy

screenshots:

CLONE

Screenshot_20191021-030244_Galaxy Store.jpgScreenshot_20191021-025930_Solid Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20191021-030010_Solid Explorer.jpg

Zzzzaaaaaa

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshots of original app:

Screenshot_20191021-030057_Solid Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20191021-030128_Solid Explorer.jpg

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

There is much more, please stay tuned.

Over.

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes