Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearable app - opens and crashes straight away

(Topic created on: 08-01-2024 07:37 AM)
Claired28
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone had problems with the Wearable app? It opens and crashes straight away. I've deleted it and re-installed, powered phone off, powered watch off...nothing. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, near everyone is having the same issue ....Samsung are aware of the issue
OjiBean999
First Poster
Options
Yeah, got an update notification this morning and the app doesn't open at all, even after reinstalling and restarting. It would appear the watch is not working at all now in regards to notifications
Claired28
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I first noticed this morning when my alarm just went off on my phone not phone & watch. Annoying!
AntS
Options

Hi @Claired28  (and others),

There should be an update that resolves this - but it might not have made it your devices just yet. This is the latest guidance we've been given:

"Solution 1: App update

1. Run the Galaxy Wearable App
2. If a manual update notification occurs, agree and proceed with the update to check if the problem is resolved.
*Path : (Mobile phone) Wearable app > upper left menu > Wearable information > Update menu is activated if there is plug-in update version > Update
[Plug-in Improved version]
- Watch4 manager: 2.2.11.24010251
- Watch5 manager: 2.2.12.24010251
- Watch6 manager: 2.2.13.24010251

Solution 2: If the app does not update (infinite loading, etc.) or the problem is not resolved even after updating the app

Delete and reinstall the Wearable app, initialize the watch, and reconnect.
1. (Mobile phone) Home screen > Apps > Wearable > Long press > Delete
2. Would you like to delete Galaxy Watch4/5/6 Manager? Select 'Delete' when pop-up occurs
3. (Mobile phone) Galaxy Store > Install Wearable app
4. Watch initialization
5. Watch and mobile phone connection"

If it's still not working for you after that, then please send error reports with log files via the Members app if you're able. (Guide on how to do that here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re... )

0 Likes
themaestro023
Apprentice
Options
Had an update early this morning in the Wear app but not on the Play Store, so most will miss it. To backup your watch, go to Smart Switch and perform a backup of your phone, this will also backup the Wear app and your watch data. Check in the Wear app after and it should show today's date.
0 Likes
Cupoftea
Explorer
Options
I had the same issue. No help from samsung via call or Twitter help. I went into settings,apps galaxy watch 6 manager (wearables) cleared the cache and the data,then re-paired my watch from scratch. Works now! 🤞👍
0 Likes
stephen777
First Poster
Options
My watch is locked and can't get on to wearable home page
0 Likes
Claired28
Journeyman
Options
Just got my update. All working now
Thanks everyone
0 Likes
xSteffi99x
Apprentice
Options
I've noticed after doing the new update that you have to go on the alarms on your watch and it would appear your watch alarms and phone alarms and you've got to turn it on once and it recognises that it needs to do both! Have a look like I said on your watch like clock thing and turn on your phone alarms too (I have a watch 5) hope that helps 🙂
0 Likes