Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 - YouTube

(Topic created on: 13/05/21 19:04)
RevertAkh
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
There is a few problems that I am facing with my s20 relating to the YouTube app, I pay for YouTube premium which enables background play, when I lock my screen about a minute into what ever song/video I'm playing it always randomly stops until I wake the screen (still locked) this is really annoying.

Second problem, when I open up the YouTube app it always crashes straight away, freezes and then starts playing after 1 minute, then pops up with the error message to "send report to Google" which I do everytime btw. 

What I have done to try and fix - updated the app, cleared the cache, and factory reset the phone, this is really annoying and not what I expect from a phone that is considered a flagship from 2020, I've had the phone for 9 months and it's in near perfect condition. 
2 REPLIES 2
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Very strange I have the same phone, similar age and same subscription and it works a treat wonder what's wrong with it
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
If it keeps stopping when you turn the screen off, then your phone is stopping it from running in the background, you need to enable background usage for the app.

Click and hold the app icon, then click info, then click on "battery" and enable background usage. Do the same for "mobile data"

Screenshot_20210513-195845_Settings_59536.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-195832_Settings_59535.jpg

0 Likes