Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 27-07-2021 03:54 PM)
Darren22
Voyager
Options

Does anybody know why these two apps will not update I press them but nothing happens .
8 REPLIES 8
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try flushing the cache first.
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
How to do that please
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the phone system cache. To do this, just search how to clear phone cache (device name) and you should find relevant results 😁.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I always have trouble updating these 2 apps , what usually works for me is pressing the update all, They sometimes sit pending for about 5 minutes but they eventually update.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I'd suggest getting in touch with Samsung and see what they say maybe there technical help team.
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
These two apps have a close relationship (android system webview is mostly a copy of Google chrome)

Try first to only update on of them (say chrome) , and only after the first
one
( Chrome) is installed update the second one (android Web view)
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Could try and update one of them first, quite a few were updating the other day  and Android System Webview/Google Chrome took a bit longer.

However you may need to wipe cache partition.   This is the method for Galaxy Devices running Android 11:

Wipe Cache  Partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you are running Android 10 you do not need to connect to computer or  USB C Headphones.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
jane84
Journeyman
Options
I regularly have problems with these 2 apps. Try clearing tbe cache for the playstore by going into settings, apps followed by playstore, storage and clear cache. Then update them individually. I find updating the android webview first followed by chrome works best (I have an A71)
0 Likes