Could try and update one of them first, quite a few were updating the other day and Android System Webview/Google Chrome took a bit longer.
However you may need to wipe cache partition. This is the method for Galaxy Devices running Android 11:
Wipe Cache Partition
- Turn off the device.
- Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
If you are running Android 10 you do not need to connect to computer or USB C Headphones.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.0,Android 13 .