Did you mean:ย 
Go to solution Solved

UPDATE Beta 4 Programme Apps

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 03:53 PM)
Gary_C
Pioneer
Options
Hi all ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ 
Has anyone else had any difficulties with their banking Apps? 

I'm with Virgin Money (formerly Clydesdale Bank) and each time I press the app icon it just cuts off it straight away,it's one of my most used and needed Apps aswell which is a bit of a pain! ๐Ÿ™„

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚
-G-
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition (phone name)' and you should find what you are looking for ๐Ÿ™‚. Hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Gary_C
Pioneer
Options
Nice one ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks very much Snake,I'll give that a go just now. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem, glad I could be of assistance! If my tip helped in any way, could you please click the 3 dots on my comment and select 'accept solution'? Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚
Gary_C
Pioneer
Options
Yeh I will do,no probs at all and thanks again! ๐Ÿ™‚
danmidd
Voyager
Options
Banking ,outlook , Google , you name it can't get them updated cleared cache the lot .. looks like a factory te set .. thanks Samsung
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star โ˜…โ˜…
Options

Not had any difficulties with Banking app personally but in any case would send error report,  try  clearing cache partition first but in some cases a factory reset will  be necessary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gary_C
Pioneer
Options
No problem,thanks.
Yeh,I've sent the error reports etc,going to try the cache etc soon as I've had my dinner ๐Ÿฝ.
Cheers James ๐Ÿ™‚
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
It's a well known issue or trait that running Samsung Betas breaks certain apps that require the firmware to be signed as 'official'. It all comes down to the way each individual app sees the device software. For example Google Pay does not see Samsung betas as officially signed releases and as such GPay will just not work. We may possibly assume that you have the same issue with Virgin Money.
Wiping the Cache Partition will not solve this issue if it is indeed the same as GPay and in fact in most cases it is advised to not flush this data, well that was the advice last time I did some checking.
One test to do is to just clear the cache and data from within the apps properties page, uninstall the app, reboot and reinstall.
Now after saying all that I do know that Samsung is actively looking into having the betas signed so apps like GPay will work although I have no idea what sort of timeline is against this if any so I would not hold your breath this time around.
If just trying to delete the apps Cache and Data with a reinstall does not work then it should not do any harm in trying to wipe the Partition but please do a full backup if you do not have a very recent one just in case as making any charges from outside the confides and sanctuary of regular user access pages always holds a little bit of risk.

Beat of luck and let others know if you manage to get it working ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š
0 Likes
Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

In NZ we are told to use Google pay for our vaccine pass. It works when initially installed, then disappears when needed. There was supposed to be an update from Samsung to fix the problem, but it still does the same on my A11. I save it, check the ap several times, all good. Next day everything has disappeared. Very embarrassing when trying to find it to show at a venue!!!

0 Likes