Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to restart Galaxy s7 Edge pressing power button and volume down

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 04:21 PM)
Ben10
Student
Options

We are unable to restart my daughter's Samsung Galaxy s7 edge phone. We have tried all of the ideas on the internet.

The phone is charged fully. The blue light is on. If we press the power and volume down button we see the Samsung Galaxy 7 screen powered by Android, but the screen just goes to black. Sometimes we get to the screen where the Samsung word starts to appear and gets filled in, but it is not filling in completely and less is getting completed each time now. Seems ominous.  We also tried the volume up button in combination with the power button.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ben10
Student
Options

Thanks Migs0, I ended up taking it to the service centre. Unfortunately they said it was a motherboard issue so the phone was not salvageable. Unfortunately my daughter had not been backing up her photos so that was a hard lesson!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Migs0
Explorer
Options
I had the same problem about 2 years ago just after an update. I had to take it to a Samsung service centre and they had it sorted in a couple of hours.
Solution
Ben10
Student
Options

Thanks Migs0, I ended up taking it to the service centre. Unfortunately they said it was a motherboard issue so the phone was not salvageable. Unfortunately my daughter had not been backing up her photos so that was a hard lesson!

0 Likes