Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print emails after software update

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 11:46 AM)
SC70
Apprentice
Options

Since a software update yesterday, I cannot print any emails from email apps to either of my wireless printers. I can print photos and documents fine but not emails. Any ideas please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @SC70, what model of device you have? Also, are you using the embedded Email app that came with the phone? Try clearing the cache of the app: Settings > Apps > Email app > Storage > Clear cache. Then, do a Soft Reset of the device by holding the Volume Down as well as the Power buttons for 10 seconds > Disconnect and connect again the printer or printers and try again. 

0 Likes
SC70
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have a Galaxy S10 and the same thing is happening to my wife's Galaxy Note 10.

I tried clearing the cache on all email and printer apps and soft reset phone as suggested but still each time I try to print an email to either HP or Epson printer I get the message 'Sorry that didn't work. Please try again' 

0 Likes
Pixie4
First Poster
Options
Having exactly the same problem since last week. Followed all the guides above but still not able to print emails from app
0 Likes
SC70
Apprentice
Options

Hi

The following worked for me. 

Go to settings>apps

Find Android System Webview (you may have to press the 3 dots top right and select Show System Apps) 

Clear the data and cache. 

Then clear the cache of email app and printer apps. 

After rebooting my phone, printing from the email app has worked fine ever since.

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Percy1
First Poster
Options

Every time theres an update it goes to pdf only and wont print. I cannot afford to not be able to print. Seriously thinking of getting another phone 

0 Likes