Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to connect to Cloud server

(Topic created on: 20-10-2018 01:06 PM)
Mthoth
Student
Options

Hello.

Something wrong with the Samsung Cloud servers?

I have S6, S7, and Galaxy Tab S2, which are configured to backup to the Cloud and to sync the galleries across the three devices. That was working well enough, until recently the tablet started to flash a message at the bottom of the screen saying it was unable to connect to the cloud server. I thought it may be temporary, I'll figure it out when I have a moment.

But now the S6 and the S7 have also not been able to connect to the cloud servers. No backup, no gallery sync. Is something going on with the servers? Anybody else seeing this? This has been happening for maybe two weeks now.

Restarting the devices does not fix it. Clearing Samsung Cloud and Samsung Account data does not fix it. Removing the account and re-entering it does not fix it. It must be the servers, or is it my account?

Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

I found a fix that worked.  If you are on a PC download the Samsung Gallery app from the MIcrosoft store and log in from there. Then you can actually work with the saved photos. Turns out all of the pictures I had in that account were duplicates for me, but at least I know now what I had!

0 Likes
Johnny13
First Poster
Options

4.5 G of photos. Unable to download to my computer. 

Getting a new phone.  

Samsung, what is going on?  

Not sure I want another Samsung phone if they cannot maintain a functioning server.  

0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

4.5 G is a lot!  I posted a reply to somebody else that works to recover them. You just need to download the Gallery app from the microsoft store, log in with your account aand all the pictures should show up. They can then be saved to a computer

0 Likes
Johnny13
First Poster
Options

Thank Kbennnett65 for you suggestions. 

Unfortunately, I have an iMac and there is no Gallery app. 

Not sure why you would need a third party app to access Samsung Cloud...

0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

it is the Samsung Gallery app. I don't use a Mac but if the app is in the Microsoft store maybe there's a Mac version? Won't hurt to look 

0 Likes