Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to connect to Cloud server

(Topic created on: 20-10-2018 01:06 PM)
Mthoth
Student
Options

Hello.

Something wrong with the Samsung Cloud servers?

I have S6, S7, and Galaxy Tab S2, which are configured to backup to the Cloud and to sync the galleries across the three devices. That was working well enough, until recently the tablet started to flash a message at the bottom of the screen saying it was unable to connect to the cloud server. I thought it may be temporary, I'll figure it out when I have a moment.

But now the S6 and the S7 have also not been able to connect to the cloud servers. No backup, no gallery sync. Is something going on with the servers? Anybody else seeing this? This has been happening for maybe two weeks now.

Restarting the devices does not fix it. Clearing Samsung Cloud and Samsung Account data does not fix it. Removing the account and re-entering it does not fix it. It must be the servers, or is it my account?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mthoth
Student
Options

Thanks for the help.

However, it turns out it was something router-related. I noticed that the Cloud connection was working fine on mobile data. A quick reboot of the router verified that it all came down to that.

Funny, never had a single problem with the router in two years, and even now everything else was working just as well as ever. Just the Samsung Cloud bit was having trouble connecting for whatever reason. If anyone can venture a guess as to the explanation, I'd be very interested to hear it, but other than that, the problem is solved for now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Talí
Helping Hand
Options
Hi Mthoth,

You can check out your Samsung Cloud contents at https://support.samsungcloud.com

This way you can look up your cloud contents via PC/Laptop etc. Try and see if you can reach your files via there.

---------
:white-medium-star:Never gonna give you up!:white-medium-star:
Mvg,
T.K.
Solution
Mthoth
Student
Options

Thanks for the help.

However, it turns out it was something router-related. I noticed that the Cloud connection was working fine on mobile data. A quick reboot of the router verified that it all came down to that.

Funny, never had a single problem with the router in two years, and even now everything else was working just as well as ever. Just the Samsung Cloud bit was having trouble connecting for whatever reason. If anyone can venture a guess as to the explanation, I'd be very interested to hear it, but other than that, the problem is solved for now.

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@Talí wrote:

You can check out your Samsung Cloud contents at https://support.samsungcloud.com.

Awesome!

0 Likes
SharonMcLendon
First Poster
Options

@Mthoth wrote:

Hello.

Something wrong with the Samsung Cloud servers?

I have S6, S7, and Galaxy Tab S2, which are configured to backup to the Cloud and to sync the galleries across the three devices. That was working well enough, until recently the tablet started to flash a message at the bottom of the screen saying it was unable to connect to the cloud server. I thought it may be temporary, I'll figure it out when I have a moment.

But now the S6 and the S7 have also not been able to connect to the cloud servers. No backup, no gallery sync. Is something going on with the servers? Anybody else seeing this? This has been happening for maybe two weeks now.

Restarting the devices does not fix it. Clearing Samsung Cloud and Samsung Account data does not fix it. Removing the account and re-entering it does not fix it. It must be the servers, or is it my account?

I now have a Motorola Z2play. I received a message that I needed to back up photos to the cloud, but that is no longer available.

0 Likes
Zarzoor
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, I reset my router but the problem still there 
another solution ?

0 Likes
antfros
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here.... 

0 Likes
sunnybahi
First Poster
Options
Yes plz backup parlbm
0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy! I can't log into Samsung Cloud. I can't back up my phone, I get an "unable to authenticate Samsung account" error. I try logging into Samsung Cloud on my PC and while I can log in and see that I have files I can't actually do anything with them. 

0 Likes
MsDropofrain
First Poster
Options

same here. I have S6, log into my account, it shows that I have 1700+ images but I am not able to look at them or delete. I don't  even know what's saved and what's not. so dumb

0 Likes