Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 08:44 PM)
aowen
First Poster
Options
Hi everyone. What's your experience of the trade in service. I am so fed up with Samsung customer services they are absolutely useless. I placed my order on 9th Feb and they have taken me for a ride ever since. Delaying dispatch etc. I have spent so much time speaking with them and it just goes no where. 
I ended up being away for 2 weeks by the time they could send me my phone , about 3 months late. 
I finally have it and I was happy with it (s22 plus) I was waiting for my return pack to send back my phone I have no correspondence.

Today I have a notification saying they are going to lock my phone. U Derek.no circumstances can this happen as everyone I need my phone and it's very important that I remain able to use it! I have spoken to the trade in contact number they sounded like they couldn't be bothered to speak to me, so I called again and spoke to a different advisor he told me he would change my deadline due to the delay and will send me details for me to post my trade in, which I am going to do. 

I am very worried that the notification is still on my phone saying it will blocked in 72 hours. I am going away over the weekend and i will not be able to fix this, I have spoken to samsung and told them to lift this but no one seems to be able to. I would feel much better if the notification could be removed but this doesn't seem possible and they are not going to have my trade in within the 72 hours!

It's just pathetic the communication and service I have experienced is beyond poor. 
I have done everything I can to ensure they don't do this to me. But I am just not convinced they are going to help me.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I have heard of this and my trade in seemed to be OK.
Was expecting a bag to put my phone box in to send off, but used a cardboard box I had around.
Just had the sticky label in the packaging my new phone came with.
I had an email to say package received.
But nothing since, so suppose my trade in wS ok
0 Likes
aowen
First Poster
Options
Yes I've got the return labels now that I need which they didn't even bother to send me until I've asked for them! And will sort a box out no problem.

I'm just really concerned about this notification. It's so threatening, it shouldn't be an option. I've spoken to them and will be sending the phone ASAP they should be able to remove this to avoid anything happening, they have assured me that they have moved the deadline but while that is still showing I can't trust them.
0 Likes
aowen
First Poster
Options
These are the notificationsScreenshot_20220420-153721_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20220420-153708_Device Services.jpg
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Take photos of the way you package the phone.
Photos of the condition of the phone
Don't forget to sign out of all your accounts on it and the factory reset.
Obviously make sure you get the receipt with the tracking information
Like you say, send it off as soon as possible
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Email samsung mtr, they will give you more time if you ask. There actually really helpful. Think those messages are very generic
0 Likes
FERNEEX
Pathfinder
Options
I received my s22 plus on the 23/04/22 I posted my trade in on the 24/04/22 s20 fe 5g I received an email on the 30/04/22 saying they where still waiting for my device I called samsung several times and I have done what they asked and took a pic of my post office recipe and emailed it back also I have entered the tracking number via the royal male track n trace and its saying it was delivered . I am hoping there will be no issues but we will see as this is the first time I've brought direct from samsung and i hope it will not be the last time.
PF
0 Likes
aowen
First Poster
Options
They have been a nightmare, I managed to get the block removed and phone sent promptly but they consistently fail to keep up their side of the service and promptly reply. Still waiting for them to acknowledge receipt. Shambles of a company will not he recommending. Its a shame bscuase I am happy with my phone but the customer service has made me hate it. I have had a terrible experience
0 Likes