Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sensors on my S8 have stopped working after using power saving mode

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 11:37 PM)
MohaPUD
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I purchased my S8 several years ago. First, I had problems with navigation but they were all gone when I reset the device to factory data. Since then, the phone has been working perfectly and I use it for navigation all the time. 

Two days ago, I was running low on battery. Thus, I activated the power saving mode. I hope I didn't!!!! The phone did not work properly since, even though I deactivated the power saving mode and returned to the optimized mode. The GPS does not get locked to the satellites, i.e. does not fix, the compass does not work, as well as all the sensors available in the sensor section when pressing *#0*#.

I tried everything from resetting the phone to factory data several times to third-party programs, such as GPS status and GPS test. All sensors fail to operate in all programs, although they may work for a few minutes after some of the restoration operations. I am 100% sure it is not a hardware problem.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MohaPUD 

We would expect that, as a last resort, a Factory Reset of the phone would resolve some if not all of the issues mentioned, therefore, we would suggest having your phone thoroughly inspected by one of our engineers. Are you anywhere near one of our Service Centres? Have a look here.

0 Likes
round
First Poster
Options
similar issue here, except I haven't done a factory reset or changed battery settings (which are optimised), but note battery is draining fast (30% in the past hour whilst only browsing internet). I read somewhere about clearing the cache via a combination of power and volume buttons, is that recommended?
0 Likes
MohaPUD
First Poster
Options

I tried to clear the cache as well with no luck!

0 Likes
round
First Poster
Options
yep, just tried that too and no luck. now at 50% battery. guess I'll back up my stuff and try a factory teset next.
0 Likes